9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there wonderful people! :) I recently invested in a 2015 Civic Si Sedan! Great car but I would like to make it my own now.
I'm sure you guys get this question a lot but where should I start in regards to performance modifications?

I see a lot of talks about a cold air intake but while reviewing a few videos online, some of them show no actual performance
gain on dyno when comparing the stock filter to an after market one. Can you guys please advise?

Secondly, I see a lot of talks about exhaust systems. I'm pretty sure that one will definitely boost performance and hp but I was
wondering which one should i go for according to the model of my car. And, of course, the flashpro.

I would also like to invest in a supercharger down the road. Not in the immediate but I will be considering it soon.

I would also appreciate if you guys can drop some names of shops somewhere in the Toronto/Mississauga area in Ontario, Canada
where I would be able to get a professional to take care of my car. Both for performance mods and body mods.

Very much appreciated!! Thanks a bunch for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
182 Posts
none of these things are investments. You'll find plenty about intakes and exhausts by searching within the forum. Many will tell you flashpro should be your first mod (listen to them).

·
Registered
685 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Check out the 200+ hp thread and see what mods those guys have. They can give you the best advice on what makes good and reliable power. Enjoy your stay.

edit - I initially misspelled advice...so this edit was to fix that...just want to be clear :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
none of these things are investments. You'll find plenty about intakes and exhausts by searching within the forum. Many will tell you flashpro should be your first mod (listen to them).

thanks for the reply. what's an investment to you then? Yeah i'm getting the flashpro soon. Its the first 'investment' i'm making :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. Check out the 200+ hp thread and see what mods those guys have. They can give you the best advise on what makes good and reliable power. Enjoy your stay.
Thanks for the welcome! this is actually my very first post! I'll def check out the 200+ hp thread. I didnt really know where to post so i just thought i'd start on the general chat board.

·
Registered
182 Posts
in this context, investment to me means money spent in hopes of a return in the future. I don't think a Honda Civic is going to do that for any of us. :) Flashpro is the way go to. Welcome, btw.

·
Registered
390 Posts
PRL cold air intake. Catted downpipe and exhaust of your sound tastes and flashpro would be a good start.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,627 Posts
Thinking a little outside of the box here but get lighter weight wheels. 2015 wheels are heavy if you can drop down to 18-20lb wheels per corner the car will perform much better both in acceleration and handling.:winky:

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,521 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

I think the two of you are defining 'investment' differently.

polish means monetary, as in something that will increase in monetary value over time. Ain't gonna happen with these cars, unless you keep it under wraps for a hunnerd years.

You mean an emotional investment. Very different.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PRL cold air intake. Catted downpipe and exhaust of your sound tastes and flashpro would be a good start.
I like the sound of that. Im looking through the forum for people's experience with those parts!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to 9th gen.

I think the two of you are defining 'investment' differently.

polish means monetary, as in something that will increase in monetary value over time. Ain't gonna happen with these cars, unless you keep it under wraps for a hunnerd years.

You mean an emotional investment. Very different.
True true. What I meant was, im investing in my car in order to make it more pleasurable to drive. The return Im getting here is pleasure and fun when I'm behind the wheels. Money goes in, Pleasure comes out :p LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thinking a little outside of the box here but get lighter weight wheels. 2015 wheels are heavy if you can drop down to 18-20lb wheels per corner the car will perform much better both in acceleration and handling.:winky:
I thought the whole point of the 2015 Si is that it is lighter than the previous models. That's where it gets that 10hp more over the previous 2014 model. It is quite light and bumpy to be honest. It pulls really well around corners. I'm thinking of better suspension soon.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The 2014-15 have 4hp and 4tq over the 12-13 due to retuned exhaust I believe. And it is actually heavier than the earlier 9th si's most likely due to having much more tech and the bigger wheels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts