9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, on throttle and in gear, I get a faint whine. Windows up, radio off is the only time you can hear it. It ALMOST sounds like a diff or something similar. It's ONLY on throttle. In gear, off throttle it's silent...

Any thoughts? I hope it's not the trans or the diff going out. LSD still bites hard and trans feels great.

84k miles, well maintained car that I never really beat on. It gets wound out when I get on the freeway but other than that, I never beat it. No flat foot shifting, no hard shifting, no burnouts.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
So, on throttle and in gear, I get a faint whine. Windows up, radio off is the only time you can hear it. It ALMOST sounds like a diff or something similar. It's ONLY on throttle. In gear, off throttle it's silent...

Any thoughts? I hope it's not the trans or the diff going out. LSD still bites hard and trans feels great.

84k miles, well maintained car that I never really beat on. It gets wound out when I get on the freeway but other than that, I never beat it. No flat foot shifting, no hard shifting, no burnouts.
I would start with changing the fluid if you haven't done it in a while. Stuff isn't a cure all, but does seem to help with minor transmission issues in these cars. Other than that I have no idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts