9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

You know, Honda’s been around for quite some time and it isn’t every day that they move into a new part of the market. But that’s exactly what’s happening this year with the new 2016 Honda HR-V.

By now you might have heard of the HR-V, but let me make things simple. It’s a new crossover from Honda that sits below the CR-V.

It actually uses the same platform as the Fit, but it comes with the same engine as the Civic and subsequently, it comes more of pretty much everything than Honda’s city sized hatchback.

It has more power, more cargo space, more ground clearance, more weight. See? More everything, which is a philosophy we’re fond of in America.
Read the complete Honda HR-V Review at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
75 Posts
I love the Civic, Fit, and CR-V (used to have one). The HR-V's styling looks okay, but from the rear quarter or profile, doesn't it kinda look like the old Pontiac Vibe?

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
I own a AWD 14 CRV and love it.My daughter has a Fit and it's a great car also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Would've liked to have seen a bit more of a functionality review. AWD, interior, etc. Didn't really do much for me. Gonna have to look to other reviews.

I think this is a really appealing vehicle, especially with AWD. Living in a larger city within the snowbelt, I like a smaller vehicle with functionality, and this definitely fits the bill. But I'm not sold on the interior - nor Honda's insistence on the mandatory touch screen: I hated it on my 2014 EX-L rental.

At nearly $27,000 fully loaded, that price point is a bit high too. I'd have liked to have seen it top out around $25,000. There's a lot of other cars around the $27K range that are higher up on the food chain (including the CR-V) to justify that much for a Fit-based car.

I'll have to give one a try and see what I think. I'm in the demographic for this car, but I need to see what Mazda does with the CX-3 before I even consider this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts