9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
of course the car will make more power for less money because its factory force inducted. Noone knows the capability of these new 1.5s but when you are aiming for high hp (which ppl most likely wont), the motor with almost a L more of displacement has to have advantages. In the end, there is no replacement for displacement.

The thing that I hate the most is the exterior looks. The 10th gen sedan and the coupe is just god ugly to me. Only body style I like on the 10th gen is the hatchback and they don't offer it in the SI trim. I'm currently looking for a hatch for room/size so it's unfortunate because if they offered it in the SI trim, I would've probably bought it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
A truly anemic upgrade from the 9th gen. Its sad
Honda's retarded move not to give, the 2017 Si *at least a 2.0 and more hp* because it might threaten CTR sales... will bite Honda in the ass.
The writing is on the wall for, the Si.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think the engine is a silly thing. A 1.8 liter making 225hp would of been perfect imo. This way people have a little more room for making lots of power and this would provide plenty of torque and hp for fun driving for all those looking to keep it stock.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
The new Si will be faster than the 9thgen stock for stock so Honda hasn't taken a step back just a small step forward. Also the power is all low and mid end so the car will feel more powerful as a daily driver. Bolt ons and a tune you should be able to run 230-240WHP safely which isn't too shabby it's just big horsepower that you won't be able to make but after all the Si is a Civic and for most people it is a daily driver not a race car.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts