9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
my guess is the production model will be toned way down because as some of you guys have said before me, while this car looks aggressive and pretty damn sexy, it is just a bit too over the top. Also I'm very skeptical as to whether or not those brembos will make their way onto the production model but time will tell on that.
I don't think it will be toned down that much if at all, the 2016 wasn't and i heard this will not either, i hope the brembos stay

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow! This made me say OMG!!! I like this one better than the Euro version. Kind of excited for the new Si now. Toned down, but sporty enough.

As for people who mentioned the price and other brands, I don't think it's always about 'paying that much for a Civic'. Reliability, safety, or maintenance might make a difference for some people to say it's worth it. It might be good for what it is. Type R is not in my price range, period, so I don't know....

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm thinking Brembos most definitely will be included especially at this price point.
My logic in thinking about the possible elimination of the brembos on the production model is that they might axe the brembos to lower the price point to a more reasonable price range that might make buyers less hesitant to spend the money on a car that, at the end of the day, is still a honda.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
at the end of the day, is still a honda.
It's all marketing. Take a KIA put a BMW badge on it and sticker it for $35K and it will sell like hotcakes lol.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not sure if it would be a smart move for Honda to axe the Brembos as this new Type R car is approaching track car territory and if they under rate the brakes they may end up spending more on warranty fixes with under powered brakes. In addition would save on R and D to just run Brembos. I guess they could thru some RL/TL brakes on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow! This made me say OMG!!! I like this one better than the Euro version. Kind of excited for the new Si now. Toned down, but sporty enough.

As for people who mentioned the price and other brands, I don't think it's always about 'paying that much for a Civic'. Reliability, safety, or maintenance might make a difference for some people to say it's worth it. It might be good for what it is. Type R is not in my price range, period, so I don't know....
Weird i would take the euro one over this anyday, even if they charged me more for the euro version, i think its a beauty compared to this, i see the civics on the road and that front grill is just huge for no reason

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is this car sitting on 19" wheels?!? Seriously?!
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's sitting on 20" wheels, 245 width. I do wonder if they'll bring it back down to 19" for the production model.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's sitting on 20" wheels, 245 width. I do wonder if they'll bring it back down to 19" for the production model.
Yeah I'm sure they will. 20's on a Civic is absurd. Not of a fan of the 4-door hatch tho. Don't understand why it wasn't a coupe first. What's next? 2024 Civic Type R using the Honda Odyssey chassis? What ever happened to Honda's being great small cars with a clean and simple design? This thing is a monstrosity.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Weird i would take the euro one over this anyday, even if they charged me more for the euro version, i think its a beauty compared to this, i see the civics on the road and that front grill is just huge for no reason
Interesting. I'm okay with the front design of the current 10th models out there except the gray plastic pieces that really stand out, below the chrome and by the fogs. Looks so cheap. Makes me think of recycled plastic or toddler playscape. Shiny black plastic like on the 9th gen looks a lot better.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The more i look at it, the more i fall in love, The one and only thing i could live without is the rear trunk spoiler like i said in an earlier post, but i could easily live with the spoiler, with 330HP and the suspension under it, I could take it right to the track, Brembo or no Brembo brakes, I rarely brake hard anyway, I downshift and keep my revs up in the twisties , so i am working the torque curve to throw me out of the corners.

What is the price tag is what i wanna know, I may have to have one.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Yeah I'm sure they will. 20's on a Civic is absurd. Not of a fan of the 4-door hatch tho. Don't understand why it wasn't a coupe first. What's next? 2024 Civic Type R using the Honda Odyssey chassis? What ever happened to Honda's being great small cars with a clean and simple design? This thing is a monstrosity.
Well, here's what I am thinking. Since I'm never getting rid of my TE37s, and they are only 18 inches, I may start off the Meaty/Functional Fitment thread for the CTR! I'm going to have to upsize my tire profiles from those 245 35 R19s or whatever it comes with (rollin' on blades!) to some 225 45 R18s. Keep it chunky, people! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm sure Honda will not be bashful about the price on the Type R. The Mugen Si was was just some nice wheels a body kit and harder suspension and it was grossly over priced.

I'm gonna take down the first one of these Type Rs that I see with my blown 13' Si Sedan. Blown 2.4L will definitely over power a factory tuned 2.0L turbo. I'd really like to see one of these try to catch me at Watkins Glen. :driving:

21 - 40 of 51 Posts