9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here it is. First photos of the production 2022 Honda Civic.

The version you see below is specific to the Chinese market though it will likely share most/all of its design queues with those models sold globally.

See More: Civic11Forum.com

There's a distinct Accord styling to it. Of note the version shown here features an absence of any real chrome trim. It's also not wearing the wheels we've been seeing on prototypes that were recently spied.

2022 honda civic front

2022 honda civic rear

The US version of the car is expected to make use of the same 1.5-liter turbocharged engine with some enhancements. Sedan and hatchback versions are planned as well as an Si model. Honda has also confirmed the Type R will return for the 11th generation Civic model.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
992 Posts
It looks so bland.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Damn thought Honda couldn't do any worse. The Type R design was too much and then they out done it with the FUGLY New Civic! Rear resembles a VW JETTA. Side profile is too similar of the Accord. Front looks similar to a Nissan Altima and BMW 5 Series headlights. 🤮🤮🤮

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,799 Posts
Although I wouldn't say it's fugly, there is nothing to compel me to run out and get one.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,457 Posts
Honda really needs to step up their game with the back end design. The 10thgen Civic sedan back end looks terrible. Current gen Accord back end looks terrible and this near production prototype back end of the new Civic looks mundane.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,457 Posts
Set it next to a 2020 Toyota Camry of the same color and you would have to look close to tell the difference. Good Grief.
Camry and Corolla have done a better job of updating their design I always thought Accord and Civic were a step or two ahead in the past but now not so much. ie Camry TRD and Corolla APEX are pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Camry and Corolla have done a better job of updating their design I always thought Accord and Civic were a step or two ahead in the past but now not so much. ie Camry TRD and Corolla APEX are pretty nice.
Yeah "Looks like a Camry" can't really be used as an insult anymore. Camrys are way more exciting looking than any Civic except for the Type R.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.