9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I wasn't sure about this feeling and I was wondering if it was sand or ice before, but it seems to be getting worse. I check my fluids more than regular and the transmission fluid is not low.

The problem occurs as I slow down for a turn, make a right turn then accelerate, or accelerate into the turn, the transmission goes into neutral, engine revs a bit, then the transmission grabs and goes.

It seems to occur on right turns only.

I have 37k on the car, any comments?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Try turning VSA off and see if the situation changes. If not, a trip to the dealership might be in order.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,199 Posts
No, turn off the VSA when you start driving. Then just take note of what happens in right turns.

·
Baned
8,529 Posts
Do you use both feet while driving? Left foot for the brake while the right foot is giving it gas into/after turns? Does it happen on left turns too?

sent from my mobile communications device

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Do you use both feet while driving? Left foot for the brake while the right foot is giving it gas into/after turns?
If I'm not mistaken, two footed driving in an auto Civic can cause the throttle to cut out when the brake is pressed. Remnant of the Audi and Toyota unintended acceleration problem.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, two footed driving in an auto Civic can cause the throttle to cut out when the brake is pressed. Remnant of the Audi and Toyota unintended acceleration problem.
Yep!
And, I hate that "feature."

OP, is the problem consistent?
If so get it to a dealer and at least get the complaint verified and documented.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No two footed driving. I accidentally touched the brake and gas with my work boot and the car decelerated, so I do not think this is possible to power into the turn like that. It does not do this all the time and I did try turning off the VSA.

I apologize for not getting back earlier. I had a computer crash and even though I am subscribed, I did not see these updates. I did not go anywhere over the holidays and with the temperatures and all the ice I am hesitant about turning off the VSA when starting out, as opposed to turning it off just before a turn, for liability reasons and what the insurance co. might say, if I get into an accident and it was turned off.

When it happens it feels like some of the earlier the Chrysler products with many miles; or if the fluid was low or sloshing around without a baffle around a turn- but I am not going that fast.

I know it sounds crazy but I will try to remember to turn the VSA off in good weather- before the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This issue has not really presented itself again. I may have felt it the other day but I am not sure. I do not think it is wheel slippage but I do not think I can see the traction light if it is.

I really have not had many good experiences with my dealer and I am hesitant to leave the car with them for an intermittent issue. My last issue was an oil change where the dealer left the access pan off and never cleaned the waste oil from the base pan area. They said they had to order one; waiting; waiting; bring it in and it was incorrectly ordered- but they found my original and reinstalled it.

I was thinking about going to the dealer and have them check if my car has all the needed computer data updates before the warranty ends.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep!
And, I hate that "feature."

OP, is the problem consistent?
If so get it to a dealer and at least get the complaint verified and documented.
No the problem is far from consistent. If it was remotely plausible that the dealer would experience it, without letting a tech take it for months, I would bring it to them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The trans might be "hunting" for a shift as you change the throttle pedal position.
I think this is the issue. Plus, my driving habits have changed and I have gotten even more conservative. I went through a bad neighborhood the other day; I was driving so slowly, my wheels were almost completely removed by the time I left the area, lol-jk :eusa_dance:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts