9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read countless discussions on here and only found 1 about this size with no follow up. l have stock 2015 si rims and my 2013 has stock suspension. l know speedo will be off but will they rub ?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
On stock suspension, I don't think you will rub. But that size it too big. It's going to raise the car up and reduce your acceleration.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. l know it's not an ideal mod (?), but l drive it 90% highway on my 100 mile round trip commute to work daily. So more out necessity, l am worried about ride quality (hence the stock suspension) and not sure a 35 or 40 series sidewall helps achieve that. Thanks again for the info.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Thanks. l know it's not an ideal mod (?), but l drive it 90% highway on my 100 mile round trip commute to work daily. So more out necessity, l am worried about ride quality (hence the stock suspension) and not sure a 35 or 40 series sidewall helps achieve that. Thanks again for the info.
The lower the profile tire the worse the ride quality. Speedo difference is over 5% which isn't ideal rule of thumb is 2-3% difference max.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Probably should have kept with the stock 17s then.
The 225/45/18 will work, just know the downsides and make the decision that's best for you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. l decided to listen to the wise community and go with 235-40-18 tires and have no complaints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts