9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello people can anyone help me find info?

I’m trying to boost my 9 gen si and make very low gains, I want to make 270hp.

so far I have
maXpeedingrods t4 turbo kit. (Not installed)
A cat back exhaust
Excedy stage 1 clutch and racing flywheel.
Hondata FlashPro
Megan racing coil overs

I’m getting a cold air intake.
what else do you guys think Il need?
Is the a fuel pump necessary? For 270hp??
Injectors? Rods and pistons?

I’m not interested in making anything over 300hp.... 270hp, or 280hp Max.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Injectors atleast. I'm not sure if you'll need fuel pump.

Reactions: AndyMac204

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Do you have an entire turbo kit or just the turbo itself? I've never heard of the brand you mentioned.

Turbo kits should have their own intake. You cannot use a traditional intake made for an NA car.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have an entire turbo kit or just the turbo itself? I've never heard of the brand you mentioned.

Turbo kits should have their own intake. You cannot use a traditional intake made for an NA car.

C0D69F4E-94C9-40E9-A191-57F477EEAE28.png

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

this is the turbo kit I got. It’s a universal kit, but it didn’t come with an intake.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
this is the turbo kit I got. It’s a universal kit, but it didn’t come with an intake.
No offense man but that looks like a eBay style, Chinese knock off kit. No way i would put any of those parts on my car. You might be able to get a quality journal bearing turbo for that price. A legit kit is going to run you $3-5k.

Not to mention I highly doubt a "universal" kit is going to fit your car. What are you going to do for a turbo manifold? Also k series cars need the intercooler inlet/outlet both on the drivers side, so the one pictured won't fit.

I think you need to do some more research and save up for a quality kit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No offense man but that looks like a eBay style, Chinese knock off kit. No way i would put any of those parts on my car. You might be able to get a quality journal bearing turbo for that price. A legit kit is going to run you $3-5k.

Not to mention I highly doubt a "universal" kit is going to fit your car. What are you going to do for a turbo manifold? Also k series cars need the intercooler inlet/outlet both on the drivers side, so the one pictured won't fit.

I think you need to do some more research and save up for a quality kit.

It is indeed a cheap eBay turbo. The reason is I’m trying to go the cheap route, and also Because I have very low power gain goals.
The manifold is something I’m still deciding on what to get.

also the maf sensor, I don’t think needs to be upgraded? For 270 hp?

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
86 Posts
It is indeed a cheap eBay turbo. The reason is I’m trying to go the cheap route, and also Because I have very low power gain goals.

I understand wanting to not spend much money, but with a kit like this with low quality metal even if the turbo is holds together you'll be chasing a lot of problems due to low quality metal. You should instead buy some quality 90 degree bend and straight sections of tubing because you'll have to end up cutting up that eBay kit anyways.

A great exhaust manifold is this FullRace turbo manifold here:

Here is the intercooler with the inlet/outlet on the same side that dpetro1 mentioned:

These both cost as much as that entire kit put together. The intercooler in that Chinese knockoff kit will not work anyways, so you're better off finding a different kit. Making stuff work and doing fab work sucks and will make the turbo swap take even longer. You'll end up paying a shop just as much as you would've paid to buy a nicer kit made for our chassis.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

Regardless of power goals, I really just don't think you will be able to make this work.

Once you have a manifold, the included downpipe isn't going to work. Are you going to have a custom downpipe made? I don't see a dump tune pictured so that's another custom piece you will need.
And As I mentioned before the included intercooler won't work.

A stock MAF sensor would work but are you getting a custom intake made to allow for the factory MAF? Most turbo cars just switch to speed density for tuning.

Good luck with your build, post up once everything is complete.

·
Registered
558 Posts
dude, like they said above, this is a complete waste of money. Do NOT go cheap when it comes to boosting your car. If you can't afford it, do NOT do it. This will waste your time and money. I've been in the game for 15+ years, owned and modded numerous cars, and these cheap kits do not last. You have to pay to play. There's alot you need to do to get any kit to fit and work properly. You're going to have to fab up stuff, you're going to have missing pieces, etc. It will cost you MORE in the long run.

We not bashing, but just looking out. But if you want to continue with this, go for it, it's your money. Good luck and let us know when you're done with it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm no fan of Chinese turbos, and that's what that kit is. I've seen that's what boosted boys use, I still wouldn't use one.
The kit may be junk, may be decent, who knows. There's a reason why car specific turbo kits are thousands. Your still lacking the $700+ exhaust section with that kit.
*With that all said, you probably don't need to use a intercooler for 270hp. That's 3-4PSI needed.

·
Registered
558 Posts
also....... drop the turbo it, go with a k20 head, you'll be in that range easy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’d back what 15whitesi says but I think the cheapest you could possibly go would be a stage 1 prl kit. Monitor your temps and don’t run it hard when they’re high and you should be just fine. Even then you have the room to upgrade to the inter cooler after that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello people can anyone help me find info?

I’m trying to boost my 9 gen si and make very low gains, I want to make 270hp.

so far I have
maXpeedingrods t4 turbo kit. (Not installed)
A cat back exhaust
Excedy stage 1 clutch and racing flywheel.
Hondata FlashPro
Megan racing coil overs

I’m getting a cold air intake.
what else do you guys think Il need?
Is the a fuel pump necessary? For 270hp??
Injectors? Rods and pistons?

I’m not interested in making anything over 300hp.... 270hp, or 280hp Max.
If you are interested I ordered a MR900 supercharger kit for my 15 Si back in June but decided to go with a different blower setup. Trying to find a buyer and kit is available to ship right now, could be a good setup for the power goal you have in mind.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts