9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving to Corpus Christi, TX from San Diego, CA and back for christmas leave.

I will be driving through California, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas. (obviously)

I am going to use painters tape for the front bumper and bottom leading edge of the hood, possibly the mirrors also.

Any suggestions out there other than what is listed above?

I tapped the front of my R6 even though it was on a trailer behind my box of a truck on my way out here from Florida. Lol, better safe than sorry!

tape.jpg tape2.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
I was going to say don't drive and just fly, but then I saw the R6 and realized why driving is a must. No real suggestions other than obey the speed limit in Texas. I was driving back home to Arizona from Houston a few years ago and was driving at the daytime speed limit at night (daytime limit was like 70mph and the nighttime was like 60mph). From the other side of a football field-sized median I got pulled over. I got a ticket for speeding (and rightly so because I was, though I think that 10mph is okay, but I was wrong). Luckily for me though, Texas has an option to take care of tickets for moving violations (speeding, red light-running, stop signs, etc) that you can petition the judge to give you a 90-day waiting period. No citations in any of the 50 States and your Texas ticket goes away. I drove like a saint for 90 days and showed proof of that to the Texas judge and the speeding ticket went away! Good luck on your trip. Take lots of food, water, and dvds.

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
i would grab a big cooler and pack food n drinks, handy tools in case ur battery cable gets loose and sled wont start, can of fix-a-flat, that quick detail stuff to wipe bird turdz off carz, a gun to shoot at road runnerz when they chase along side u, a camera to stop n take lasting viewz of the beautiful country (and to share with lame azz folx at 9thgen forum)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to say don't drive and just fly, but then I saw the R6 and realized why driving is a must. No real suggestions other than obey the speed limit in Texas. I was driving back home to Arizona from Houston a few years ago and was driving at the daytime speed limit at night (daytime limit was like 70mph and the nighttime was like 60mph). From the other side of a football field-sized median I got pulled over. I got a ticket for speeding (and rightly so because I was, though I think that 10mph is okay, but I was wrong). Luckily for me though, Texas has an option to take care of tickets for moving violations (speeding, red light-running, stop signs, etc) that you can petition the judge to give you a 90-day waiting period. No citations in any of the 50 States and your Texas ticket goes away. I drove like a saint for 90 days and showed proof of that to the Texas judge and the speeding ticket went away! Good luck on your trip. Take lots of food, water, and dvds.
What do you mean "then I saw your R6?" Lol I'm confused WebRep

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would grab a big cooler and pack food n drinks, handy tools in case ur battery cable gets loose and sled wont start, can of fix-a-flat, that quick detail stuff to wipe bird turdz off carz, a gun to shoot at road runnerz when they chase along side u, a camera to stop n take lasting viewz of the beautiful country (and to share with lame azz folx at 9thgen forum)
Can of fix-a-flat! Good idea!! WebRep

Reactions: Digger

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I would suggest some warm clothes, blankets just in case. You may run across some cold spots and you never know what may happen. Drive safe and have fun!

·
Registered
222 Posts
like everyone said, its one hell boring drive. i done few trips to texas to iowa this year, i found out a old pillow that is soft helps my back while driving long distance. alot cold water in a cooler box, dont drink caffeine until you really need it, drinking it too early would make rest 1400 miles of trip hell hole especially driving solo lol.

oh ya, i would tape up the whole front bumper, corner of fender by head light, and about 4-5" of the hood edge, last time i only taped up about 2-3" of the hood and found 2 small rock chip just right above the tape on the hood! its expensive at $9 a roll but worth it to prevent rock chips and maybe even paint peel if you ran over something like a stupid racoon or other small animal.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,576 Posts
Make sure your cruise control works. And your ipod is charged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts