9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I’m new to the page and have been searching the last few weeks to try and find an answer I have a 2012 civic si with 118KM it was bought 2nd hand. What my problem is that I sometimes have a hard time throwing it into 1st, 2nd. I sometimes grind in 2nd and occasionally need to double clutch it for it to get into gear, I recently replaced my bushings and got a transmission flush and I don’t grind and have the need to double clutch as often as I did before. I also tend to grind a LOT when I try to reverse. The car is fully stopped and everything before trying to get into reverse but I have the need to sometimes throw it into first and then clutch again to reverse and it’ll finally go. Also I find when I’m on my clutch and waiting to reverse (example to parallel park) and finally do reverse it takes a lot of force for me to throw it back into neutral. Does anyone have an idea whether this is a Syncho problem on 1st and 2nd or Clutch problem? PLEASE HELP SAVE MY BABY BEFORE SHE JUST GIVES UP ON ME!!! Haha

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tons of threads on this you can search thru. If it's not happening 1-6 during normal driving, leave it alone. Reverse is common on every manual I've owned.
The more you try forcing when racing, the more it'll happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tons of threads on this you can search thru. If it's not happening 1-6 during normal driving, leave it alone. Reverse is common on every manual I've owned.
The more you try forcing when racing, the more it'll happen.
Hey so it actually happens when I daily drive! I haven’t raced the car yet.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If it's causing too many issues, your best bet is to take it to a trans shop, or any trusted auto shop and have them test drive it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts