9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gets of the 9th gen community I am in need of your help. Im finally going fbo some time in the next few weeks but I just need some clarity with this setup because I can't find any threads to answer my questions.

1) Do I need an aftermarket fuel rail for my RDX injectors or can I just plug them in the stock fuel rail?
2) Im not going to get a tune immediately after installing the parts but I have flashpro. Is there a base map I can run for sometime before I get an actual tune?
3) Etune or dyno?

Any answers or knowledge toward this thread is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
They will work so long as you have the plug and play clips for the injectors too. Theres a base map for fbo with rbc however i believe its for those running stock injectors but i could be wrong its been awhile since ive had to use mine. Regardless when running the base map drive it easy, a base map is designed to get you running OK until you get it properly tuned. As for dyno or e tune go with whatever you want just make sure the tuner is a reputable tuner who knows hondas well. Im dyno tuned by john vega from phearable but he also offers etuning. Etunes is another goo etuner too

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They will work so long as you have the plug and play clips for the injectors too. Theres a base map for fbo with rbc however i believe its for those running stock injectors but i could be wrong its been awhile since ive had to use mine. Regardless when running the base map drive it easy, a base map is designed to get you running OK until you get it properly tuned. As for dyno or e tune go with whatever you want just make sure the tuner is a reputable tuner who knows hondas well. Im dyno tuned by john vega from phearable but he also offers etuning. Etunes is another goo etuner too
Word thanks man I appreciate you. Where can I get a handle on John? I swear I’ve heard his name before

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Joh Vega has been tuning hondas for almost 20 years

phearable.net is is website or can hit him up in instagram

·
Registered
754 Posts
As 12FG4Rallye said, you def need to get a tune. It's a complete waste IMO to buy all those parts and not get it tuned. Like for some reason ppl always try to negate this part of modding....... when this is the most important part.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As 12FG4Rallye said, you def need to get a tune. It's a complete waste IMO to buy all those parts and not get it tuned. Like for some reason ppl always try to negate this part of modding....... when this is the most important part.
I mean I understand tuning is very important in this whole situation. I just figured there might have been a way to avoid tuning for no more than two weeks I’m tight on money

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I have an update. So i found a YouTube video I’ll put the link here

The guy says that the reason us 9th gens have issues with the ZDX tb is because the ZDX tb requires 9 amps to work properly. Our stock tb requires 5 amps to work properly. So to fix the issue we have to swap the motors out of the stock tb and put that motor into the ZDX tb. Both of the tb basically use the same motor and parts just require different amps. After doing that my car basically stopped idling up and down from 1k to 2k rpms. My car still idles a bit funny but it’s no way as bad as how it was before. I have a tune set up this weekend coming up and after that Im hoping my issue will be resolved. Either that or my car is still trying to figure out the ZDX tb. I’ll update in a week.

·
Registered
FG4/FB6
22 Posts
My question to you is that, do you really need an upgraded TB? According to Vit, there's no need as gains are minimal.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I mean I understand tuning is very important in this whole situation. I just figured there might have been a way to avoid tuning for no more than two weeks I’m tight on money
I get it man.... trust me, it ain't cheap to mod cars, i know. I just didn't you to drive around and thinking you're getting the best out of the car without a proper tune, that's all.

·
Registered
754 Posts
My question to you is that, do you really need an upgraded TB? According to Vit, there's no need as gains are minimal.
Correct, a bigger TB is not needed on FBO. The negatives outweighs the benefits.

·
Registered
754 Posts
What are the negatives?
Price, unless you can get a good used one, time to install it (not long but still), and hoping the install we correctly and don't have the bouncing idle. Reesescars and I don't have any issues with the bigger TB, but we are both supercharged and swapped the internal guts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Price, unless you can get a good used one, time to install it (not long but still), and hoping the install we correctly and don't have the bouncing idle. Reesescars and I don't have any issues with the bigger TB, but we are both supercharged and swapped the internal guts.
So I’m guessing the bouncing idle isn’t going to get fixed with a tune huh? I got the zdx for cheap so there’s that but just bummed out cuz I have a tuning scheduled this weekend and I won’t have time to swap out to the stock tb

·
Registered
FG4/FB6
22 Posts
Here is that TB conversation from Vit.

I'm only looking to get about NA 210-220 to the wheels so not sure upgrading the TB would change the output much. Just an Acuity intake and possibly injectors and a tune, a good, high flow DP and exhaust should do it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is that TB conversation from Vit.

I'm only looking to get about NA 210-220 to the wheels so not sure upgrading the TB would change the output much. Just an Acuity intake and possibly injectors and a tune, a good, high flow DP and exhaust should do it.
Yeah I read that. Now after reading that I feel like it was a waste to go with a zdx tb. I’m hoping to get at least 220 to the wheel too. Idk if my setup will make that but I’ll post an update in the next couple of days. Hopefully the idle jumping will be gone but I’ll just have to wait and see

·
Registered
FG4/FB6
22 Posts
They are expensive too. I bought zero items at the moment as I'm researching at a turtle pace but I was about to put a larger bore TB in the shopping cart as well. If returning isn't an option, you can try to sell it or even keep it for a forced induction application later down the line. That's of course you are having the common issues, maybe you won't get the typical headaches associated with them.

·
Registered
FG4/FB6
22 Posts
I’m hoping to get at least 220 to the wheel too. Idk if my setup will make that but I’ll post an update in the next couple of days.
Stock gets 188ish to the wheels so even if I got 205 at the wheel with just the Acuity stock intake manifold and DP /exhaust I'd be happy. It'd make the cars a lot more zippier. RBC and injectors should get you 220 easy. NA power gains are unfortunately too little for so much money, I decided to keep it at a lower power and increase handling with better suspension.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Stock gets 188ish to the wheels so even if I got 205 at the wheel with just the Acuity stock intake manifold and DP /exhaust I'd be happy. It'd make the cars a lot more zippier. RBC and injectors should get you 220 easy. NA power gains are unfortunately too little for so much money, I decided to keep it at a lower power and increase handling with better suspension.
Yeah I agree. Honestly that’s probably the smarter way to make a car fun. Handling over power. Keep researching at a slow pace I think you’re doing a good job doing that because that’s what I did. I’ve had my car since January and ever since then I was just doing research on mods and what not. As of now idk what to do at this point I think I’m just gonna go to my tuner and see if he can get my car running smooth. Vit posted that thread a while ago so I’m hoping things have changed since he posted that thread. I’ll update after my tune

1 - 20 of 24 Posts