9th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
FG4/FB6
22 Posts
Yeah I agree. Honestly that’s probably the smarter way to make a car fun. Handling over power. Keep researching at a slow pace I think you’re doing a good job doing that because that’s what I did. I’ve had my car since January and ever since then I was just doing research on mods and what not. As of now idk what to do at this point I think I’m just gonna go to my tuner and see if he can get my car running smooth. Vit posted that thread a while ago so I’m hoping things have changed since he posted that thread. I’ll update after my tune
I saw in this thread that someone is successfully running the Sirimoto which I believe is a slight alteration of stock Acura TB. Hit that guy up. He is having unrelated issues but sounds like the tune and everything went well and there are no idle issues. I remember seeing the YouTube video you posted about altering the TB, I wonder if that is what Sirimoto did. As for me, I have two Sis and I want to upgrade them both and it would be quite costly to try to make power gains for both so that is the route I chose. Make the cars breathe better and get a good coilover kit. They already are low six second cars with stock equipment, if I can make them 5.9-6.0 second 0-60, that would satisfy me in a straight line. I wouldn't have to worry about clutch and all that either. Looking forward to your updates...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
well I got my car tuned and only managed to put do 211 whp and 171 tq. I do feel the difference from when it was stock but I have to say that a zdx tb really isn’t worth it in my opinion. My car still idles weird even after the tune. My tuner said he tried his best at trying to stop the idle but couldnt make the idle smooth. I’ve come to conclusion to just go back to my stock tb. I already bought the prl adapter kit for stock Tb. Imma just leave it at that. I might have to burp my car more because I did flush my coolant and maybe there’s just air in the system. This is where I stand as of now

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I fixed my cars idle problem. This is exactly what I did to get my ecu to understand my tb

1) drive the car around for 10-15 min and got car warm

2) I already messed with the screw and did the whole 1400 thing on the tb

3) turn the car on to the second setting where dash lights up 30 sec

4) reved the car WITHOUT LOAD for 5 min straight. Went to a quiet place far from people to rev my car 😂

5) then let it idle for 10 min straight, turned car off and on and it got fixed 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 - 24 of 24 Posts