9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Custom 3.5inch intake for our cars along with the battery tray for proper fitment. This is for RBC users

365$ -intake
130$ -battery tray

image.jpg

Contact randy at rstech for more info

RSTECH-RACING :: Home

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Yep, I'm gonna build mines for about ehhhh around 100 bucks already made a 3" for around 90 dollars total. I am going to make a 3.5" too :D the most expensive piece I will probably buy is a good intake filter with a Velocity stack.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yep, I'm gonna build mines for about ehhhh around 100 bucks already made a 3" for around 90 dollars total. I am going to make a 3.5" too :D the most expensive piece I will probably buy is a good intake filter with a Velocity stack.
You should post up what tubes/couplers ect...when you make your 3.5 so people like myself can copy you! Would be very grateful!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm waiting for the Rick Spec'd setup before I make any decisions. I saw the V2 on 8th and it looks very nice (Black and wrinkled). Hopefully the 9th will look similar. I'm sure it will be cheaper.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Import DPS (One of our sponsors) in-house SI modifications. Pretty prominent on the 8th gen site.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
I will do one, for sure... Should be pretty straight forward. It will be much cheaper than any 300 dollar intake and as long as the down angle is not 90 degrees just as effective IMHO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 9livesSi

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for sharing! Going to wait and see how PRL's kit looks/priced then decide.
call PRL and ask for Jason on info about their intake..... :)

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Lol that v2 intake is weird. Just like the AFE, I would rather have a 3.5 inch that has straight sections and less plastic piping snaking around the car to get air. I will do a write up and those that wish to do a DIY intake can use the steps I outline.

·
Registered
251 Posts
3.5 to 3inch reducer coupler(1), 3.5inch coupler(1), 1 foot long 45* 3.5 in pipe(2), and some worm clamps keeps you just over $60... $80 after shipping.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1360826520.708483.jpg .

This is basically the first mock up of my intake, but I did not use two 45 degree bends. I bough one U bend and cut the angle I needed from there.
I will be doing a basic DIY that people would be able to do their own. You can use aluminum too, I am using steel pipe for better heat resistance(IMHO)

·
Registered
251 Posts
...n8vsi, you used 3 inch piping, right?!
My 3.5" piping FINALLY showed up today... We'll see how long till I have some free time to fab it up and put it on. Will need some sort of mounting bracket...

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
This one is 3.5 and it's a full CAI build. My first was a 3" correct. This is the one I'm going to do a DIY for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts