9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
awesome! quick question (i'm not sure if you answered this already), but do they give flow data after the port and polish job?
I believe so, as they provide this information for the CNC porting services for other heads on their website.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looks like the heads have been there for a couple months, has anyone got a finished one installed yet?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wondering the same too. I think there was a discussion on another thread about someone actually calling 4piston and asked them the cfm rate for the ported heads and it flows more than a ported k20 series head. I think it's just our cams that will be holding us back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wondering the same too. I think there was a discussion on another thread about someone actually calling 4piston and asked them the cfm rate for the ported heads and it flows more than a ported k20 series head. I think it's just our cams that will be holding us back.
I am actually debating on if I should leave the intake cam alone and just get the vtec killer for the exhaust bc I know the intake cams are pretty large for what you can get from the factory, but the exhaust cam needs upgrade for sure. But because we already have 50* vtc I think getting bigger intake can will limit our ptv at max advance, but we also have to wait for someone to try this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am actually debating on if I should leave the intake cam alone and jsut yet the vtec killer for the exhaust bc I know the intake cams are pretty large for what you can get from the factory, but the exhaust cam needs upgrade for sure

·
Registered
14 Posts
is this possible, leaving the intake cam stock, and upgrading the exhaust cam?
Yes as long they are single lobes because of the rocker setup. You wouldn’t be able add vtec style rockers anyway bc no lost motion assembly is cast in for the exhaust.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have stock cam specs, but we don't have the valvetrain geometry, so they aren't going to be accurate "at the valve".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Guys,

Here are the cam specs. Keep in mind that the one sheet where both intake and exhaust match is actually just the exhaust on both.

The one where the sheet shows different values on intake and exhaust is actually primary intake under intake and Vtec under the exhaust side.

Again, keep in mind, these are at the camshaft not the valve. The rockers generally speaking increase the duration at .050" by around 10 degrees at the valve in a number of the overhead cam engines we work on.

Sorry for the delay I had to check with my engineering guys to make sure this was cool to post.

One more note. Disregard the lobe separation angle. :D

In short: 163/217 at .050" (Primary/VTec), 177 duration at .050" exhaust. Increasing the exhaust duration will make a big difference, but no one will really know until we develop cams (if we develop cams) and test them on the dyno.

Just because others have failed to make power with camshafts, doesn't mean anything. We're the best at what we do, and if we get enough interest in these, we will do it.

What we all need is to demonstrate that there is in fact a demand for these camshafts. We won't act on anything unless we can make a business case for the development of lobes and purchasing of cores for these engines.

K24Z7Exhaust.png
K24Z7IntakeandVtec.png

·
Registered
212 Posts
sweet. I'm definitely interested as I'm trying to make the most power with my supercharger kit. Do you think it'll be a one size fits all type of cam (in terms of boosted and na guys) or will a cam testing for each application apply?

·
Registered
27 Posts
sweet. I'm definitely interested as I'm trying to make the most power with my supercharger kit. Do you think it'll be a one size fits all type of cam (in terms of boosted and na guys) or will a cam testing for each application apply?
Hey there!

We treat N/A, Blower and Turbo cams differently in nearly all applications. For our LS grinds we even do different grinds for centrifugal and PD blowers. That's obviously a different animal because it's OHV with fixed valve timing. For our Coyote grinds, we do Turbo, Blower, N/A and a line designed to greatly enhance idle sound (n/a).

I imagine that we could do n/a, blower, turbo cams with options for higher lift that would require a spring kit.

Again, all this is conjecture unless we can ensure there is adequate demand to necessitate the measuring of the head geometry, which takes an afternoon to full day of engineering time on a specialized machine.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey there!

We treat N/A, Blower and Turbo cams differently in nearly all applications. For our LS grinds we even do different grinds for centrifugal and PD blowers. That's obviously a different animal because it's OHV with fixed valve timing. For our Coyote grinds, we do Turbo, Blower, N/A and a line designed to greatly enhance idle sound (n/a).

I imagine that we could do n/a, blower, turbo cams with options for higher lift that would require a spring kit.

Again, all this is conjecture unless we can ensure there is adequate demand to necessitate the measuring of the head geometry, which takes an afternoon to full day of engineering time on a specialized machine.

Gotcha, I figured much. I might be outta luck because I think most ppl will want N/A or turbo cams. I don't see too many people with a positive displacement supercharger. But put me in for an order if this thing takes off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gotcha, I figured much. I might be outta luck because I think most ppl will want N/A or turbo cams. I don't see too many people with a positive displacement supercharger. But put me in for an order if this thing takes off.
Once we have the cores, it's not difficult to put lobes with different durations to suit a specific power adder such as a pd blower turbo. The trick is getting the head geometry and ponying up for buying or making the cores ourselves.

If we do cams, we could grind whatever we need to grind regardless of your power adder.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts