9th Gen Civic Forum banner

161 - 180 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't blame you. Stepping into a real N/A build is a big leap. If a N/A caddy CTS-V pops up for sale locally I'll start getting the itch.
Those were the early ones, right? That would have been a cathedral port 6 liter LS? LS2 etc? 4L80E/T56?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
this sucks! but I totally understand. You have to make the choices that make sense to you. I am glad my buddy is getting the head.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
475 Posts
I decided to go another direction. I've got an old muscle car that gets my attention in the deep mechanical work side of the hobby, and I don't really want to dedicate that level of intensity to a car that needs to get me everywhere. I mean I know it's just a head swap, but I just don't want to fool with it.

I found another platform to move into that, with the sale of my Civic, barely increases my monthly payment, and I decided on a whim to just do it.

15WhiteSi called dibs on it, and I trust he'll be a good person to actually execute and get this thing installed. I mentioned camshaft regrinds as well, and that's a thing that can be done still. Once 15WhiteSi gets the head, we'll coordinate on getting the cams ground.

Edit - "I found another platform to move into that, with the sale of my Civic, barely increases my monthly payment, and I decided on a whim to just do it."

I realize that if Dave Ramsey read this he'd have a stroke, heart attack whatever, but if you're a car guy, and your new car payment for the month is less than 10 percent of your monthly take-home pay, then I call that a win-win. Cars mean a lot to us all - that's why we choose performance compacts instead of buying a crossover etc.
Well dang! Good luck with the future projects. Glad that we'll still get to see the progress with the head. @15WhiteSi is a good one to pass the torch too. I'm sure he'll keep us updated too.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Well dang! Good luck with the future projects. Glad that we'll still get to see the progress with the head. @15WhiteSi is a good one to pass the torch too. I'm sure he'll keep us updated too.
Thanks man. yea, most def. I'm extremely interested on what this head can do on our motors.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
893 Posts
Reactions: AndyMac204

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
464 Posts
hahaha im so dumb. had it on mute last night while old lady was sleeping. i was all oh neat the new head is going on.
then i listened to the vid haha. totally different story

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
hahaha im so dumb. had it on mute last night while old lady was sleeping. i was all oh neat the new head is going on.
then i listened to the vid haha. totally different story
totally relatable situation. watching stuff on mute, while the ol lady sleep. ;)

:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
729 Posts
nice vid man. You remind me of a youtuber I follow who owns an STI (camera shooting and voice, lol). Yea, that's a killer deal, hard to say no to that. Can't wait to grab that head from you. I'll def keep you and everyone on here informed on how it goes.

Reactions: Kevlar

·
Registered
83 Posts
nice vid man. You remind me of a youtuber I follow who owns an STI (camera shooting and voice, lol). Yea, that's a killer deal, hard to say no to that. Can't wait to grab that head from you. I'll def keep you and everyone on here informed on how it goes.

Mind if I ask who it is?

I don't have my new car yet so it's not me lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
And on to the next chapter we go... I think this will def help get hopefully 50whp and 8000 rpm on a 15WhiteSi's FG4, my only question is are you going to pursue the COMP cams or wait for 4piston to release theirs?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
And on to the next chapter we go... I think this will def help get hopefully 50whp and 8000 rpm on a 15WhiteSi's FG4, my only question is are you going to pursue the COMP cams or wait for 4piston to release theirs?
He’s going to need an oil pump upgrade for that kind of rpm to last.

·
Registered
83 Posts
He ought to do the regrinds from us (well my former job lol)

The best valvetrain engineer in the country developed lobes specifically for me as a favor while I was leaving. Will 4 Piston have bigger duration and lift cams than this? Yes... But I'll tell you right now that the billet pieces they sell will easily be $1200 for a pair.

The regrinds from comp add a good amount of duration and lift without compromising the factory austempered ductile iron core. I think I posted the specs in the thread.

I'll tell me buddy who's still there to put together a regrind part number for these if you all want to just be able to call up and put together a regrind camshaft order.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 191 Posts