9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share my dyno graph and a few pics to everyone with my new setup.

418whp/343wtq @18psi on e65

• MercRacing TVS1900 Kit with Aftercooler Kit
  • Stock motor
  • GearX 1-4, Synchrotech Synchros and Sleeves, WaveTrac LSD

If any of you guys have questions about my setup, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Looking good!
How is the short ram intake doing? I guess with the aftercooler it might now matter too much.
I switched to a CAI after getting like 140 degree intake temps.
Do you have an aftermarket IAT sensor?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking good!
How is the short ram intake doing? I guess with the aftercooler it might now matter too much.
I switched to a CAI after getting like 140 degree intake temps.
Do you have an aftermarket IAT sensor?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes, aftermarket. I believe it's an AEM IAT sensor IIRC: AEM IAT

I haven't played with the intake yet. It has been discussed with MercRacing. I might try and fab up a CAI in the future (got to relocate the battery first).

Also planning on upgrading the water pump for the aftercooler kit. My IATs are usually 20-30 degrees above ambient.

Reactions: dpetro1

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
It was cool being there to witness this car doing these number in the worst conditions possible.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Man thats a lot of boost!! Only thing I dislike about SC set ups. The boost to power ratio.

I watched your vids though. You got a nice thing going there(y)

·
Registered
941 Posts
I love SCs for Honda builds! Can the stock motor really hold out on that much boost, even with E65??

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I love SCs for Honda builds! Can the stock motor really hold out on that much boost, even with E65??
We really don't know but, I know @15WhiteSi is trying to find out. Really crazy, but the guy doesn't care if the motor blows as long as we find the limit.

Man thats a lot of boost!! Only thing I dislike about SC set ups. The boost to power ratio.

It is probably the one downside to it, but the pros are much more.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

yea, I'm kinda curious to see the cfm flow rate. Remember, I can have a smaller blower and push more psi for smaller hp/tq numbers. I would like to do a comparison between a turbo and supercharger with similar cfm to see which makes more hp/tq at the same psi.

Appreciate your support!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, same here. I used to only run turbo, but I really enjoy the sc. I mean..... so far i've see a few youtubers pushing more hp/tq and boost on stock more.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a few updates. Got some new wheels, added a bigger water pump for the aftercooler, and relocated the battery. Enjoy!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my car retuned today. Changes since last tune: 8th gen crank pulley, 3.0 s/c pulley, water pump and reservoir upgrade for my air to water cooling system, and went back to OEM tb.

New numbers: 450whp/356wtq. Same psi but on e75 vs e65. Mods made a huge difference!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Got my car retuned today. Changes since last tune: 8th gen crank pulley, 3.0 s/c pulley, water pump and reservoir upgrade for my air to water cooling system, and went back to OEM tb.

New numbers: 450whp/356wtq. Same psi but on e75 vs e65. Mods made a huge difference!

View attachment 492553

i was on the look out for this post. LOL

joking aside, you caught me late night working. This is a huge step forward. It shows that with a few minor mods, and really better weather this setup can put up some serious power and torque.

congrats to you man. I know you've been putting alot of work towards this build. it's a monster

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was on the look out for this post. LOL

joking aside, you caught me late night working. This is a huge step forward. It shows that with a few minor mods, and really better weather this setup can put up some serious power and torque.

congrats to you man. I know you've been putting alot of work towards this build. it's a monster
Thanks man, car def pulls and seems to have "awaken."

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
147 Posts

How are you liking switching back to the OEM throttle body? Is the part throttle drivability better around town now?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How are you liking switching back to the OEM throttle body? Is the part throttle drivability better around town now?
It's definitely better! Now, with the ethanol and bigger injectors (ECU does background air/fuel calculations), there is still a SMALL bit here and there, but WAY better than it was. IMO, bigger TB is not worth the trade off until Hondata can fix the issue.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
269 Posts
It's definitely better! Now, with the ethanol and bigger injectors (ECU does background air/fuel calculations), there is still a SMALL bit here and there, but WAY better than it was. IMO, bigger TB is not worth the trade off until Hondata can fix the issue.
It's not an issue that Hondata can fix. It's a circuitry issue. The IC that controls the TB motor is rated for 5A. The stock TB pulls 4.9A which is obvs within spec. Now the ZDX TB pulls 10.4A on that same circuit that's only rated for 5A, which is twice as much current (NOT GOOD).

After reading into this more, I'm really in awe that anyone runs them. I'm no electrical engineer, but that just seems like it's asking for electrical gremlins to run the larger TB. Especially, like you're saying, the juice just isn't worth the squeeze. The gains just aren't there for the potential issues it introduces.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's not an issue that Hondata can fix. It's a circuitry issue. The IC that controls the TB motor is rated for 5A. The stock TB pulls 4.9A which is obvs within spec. Now the ZDX TB pulls 10.4A on that same circuit that's only rated for 5A, which is twice as much current (NOT GOOD).

After reading into this more, I'm really in awe that anyone runs them. I'm no electrical engineer, but that just seems like it's asking for electrical gremlins to run the larger TB. Especially, like you're saying, the juice just isn't worth the squeeze. The gains just aren't there for the potential issues it introduces.
I agree. Maybe just getting a shop to bore out the stock TB will be good. Also, maybe somehow change the circuitry of the TB. We did switch the a few of the components, but nothing helped. Maybe I just have to look into more.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts