9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a 2015 Civic lx with the 5 speed manual and was wondering how high the engine revs at highway speeds, say 70 mph.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a 2015 Civic lx with the 5 speed manual and was wondering how high the engine revs at highway speeds, say 70 mph.
I don't know the answer but I'm wondering why you want to know. Will the answer really affect your decision to buy the car?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to know since it'll be used on the highway a lot. If it's a high revving car maybe an extra gear would be helpful.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,254 Posts
If I remember correctly, at 70mph, mine pulls a touch over 3k rpm. Regardless there is no extra gear.

If you want an R18 Civic that revs lower on the highway, get one with a CVT or 5AT. My '12 with the 5AT pulled almost a grand lower rpm in top gear, and got, at best, 5 to 6 more mpg on the highway, although, on average, 4 mpg less in stop and go driving than my '15 LX 5MT.

Anyway, when I head out later, I'll take a look to be sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Also, when I said an extra gear, I meant getting something like a fit or an accord with a 6 speed manual.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,254 Posts
Check the gearing on that 6th gear. Just because it has a 6th gear doesn't necessarily mean that the revs at a given speed will be less than the 5th gear in another model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts