1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
My hood from VIS will be in next week I'll weight both my stock hood and cf when I do the install and post some pics for anyone who's looking for more info..

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
picked up my hood today i have to say VIS did an awesome job of packing it!!! you could prolly drop it off a building and it wouldnt scratch it.. i dont have pics of the whole package because i couldnt fit it into the back of my CRV with all the packing. it was a box about 6 or 7 feet squared and about 8 inches high packed with foam and in the center the hood was wrapped in 2 layers of foam with vis plastic over that.. it feels really light very easily lifted with one hand.. the hood itself is exelent quality no defect of any kind and looks amazing!! im gonna do the install tomorrow night ill post up alot of pictures and the weights of the 2 hood like i mentioned before!! stay tuned :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Would probably purchase but don't really like the look nor seen it on a black sedan.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Would probably purchase but don't really like the look nor seen it on a black sedan.
same man i'm worried its gonna be a $500 wall ornament :(

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I would love to see what the install on this is like would definatley help me decide if i want to get one or not

Sent from my SGH-I727R using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
Install went very smooth fitment is just like OEM!! It's as simple as loosening the four bolts lifting off the OEM hood you will need 2-3 ppl just 2 to help hold wile you tighten up the bolts.. Then you will need to spend a little time to line it up.. It's very easy I have lots of pics to put up of my install... I'll post all my pics tonight when I get home I had ball and didn't get home till late last night and I had a few beverages after ball so i went right to bed haha but the pics and DIY will be up tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
i've seen this exact hood for $599 elsewhere! great deal here!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
o i didnt realize 2012sicoupe live in Hanover, I live about 1.5 hours from there, how much it cost you for shipping and everything for this hood i am really considering it now. I am looking for some weight saving parts I already lost like 50 lbs in changing my rims to my enkies so another few lbs would be alright

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
o i didnt realize 2012sicoupe live in Hanover, I live about 1.5 hours from there, how much it cost you for shipping and everything for this hood i am really considering it now. I am looking for some weight saving parts I already lost like 50 lbs in changing my rims to my enkies so another few lbs would be alright
obviouslyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :p

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
ok so here she is guys

OEM hood came in at 25lbs

and the VIS hood at 14.4lbs so thats a difference of 10.6lbs not a huge difference but it is lighter

here is a link to my DIY i will post lots of pics tomorrow when i can get out and take some good ones.... sorry i feel like ive been saying that forever now but its ether been raining or im at work but i promise there will be good pictures up tomorrow rain or shine!!

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/how-tos-diy-section/7718-diy-vis-carbon-fiber-hood-install.html

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
HAHAHA nice way to shave 10lbs :D:D^^

1 - 20 of 36 Posts