9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I installed 5k HIDs on low beams, Yellow Nokya bulbs for DRL's and Yellow Foglight overlay film.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice. I like 5k. Had a set on an old Accord and thinking about getting a set for my Civic. How are you enjoying the output? Any issues with the install, visibility?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice i have 6000k low beams..How long will the nokya DRL's last? As often as they are on (daytime) Won't they burn out after a few months? Since the bulbs are basically encased in painted glass...my experience back in the day with standard halogen "painted" bulbs was that they burn out after a couple months, pretty quick. I guess its because since the bulb casing or glass is painted it gets too hot...

·
Registered
11 Posts
also curious about visibility. are the HIDs output beam patchy at all? since you are using stock housing and no projectors.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. I like 5k. Had a set on an old Accord and thinking about getting a set for my Civic. How are you enjoying the output? Any issues with the install, visibility?
Output is so much better than the oem halogens, I'm so spoiled with HIDS on all my previous cars that on the first night I drove home my Civic I keep making sure my lights were on because they were very dim even with the foglights on. Only issue we had during the install was the lack of space to mount the ballasts but we were able to just zip tie them.

Nice i have 6000k low beams..How long will the nokya DRL's last? As often as they are on (daytime) Won't they burn out after a few months? Since the bulbs are basically encased in painted glass...my experience back in the day with standard halogen "painted" bulbs was that they burn out after a couple months, pretty quick. I guess its because since the bulb casing or glass is painted it gets too hot...
Not sure how long the Nokya's will last but I have them on my other car for about 8 months and no issues so far.

also curious about visibility. are the HIDs output beam patchy at all? since you are using stock housing and no projectors.
visible is great, not as great if I had projectors but they aren't scattered like some people say.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks good, which company did you go with for the yellow overlay?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I like a lot dude looks nice and clean!!! I have this same intention for my PMM EX Civic. So far all I have done is the Nokya Yellow DRL's but HID's are next. Not too sure of what output I want either 5k, 6k, or maybe even 8k I'm looking for a nice blueish tint like you have. Looking sweet :thumbsup

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good, which company did you go with for the yellow overlay?
got them from JDMfanaticVinyls | Vinyl Overlays | Vehicle Wraps | Tail Light Tint | Fog Light Tint| Subaru WRX STi | Honda Civic | Hyundai Genesis | Kia Optima |

HID retrofit complete DIY guide. It's finally here!!
thanks, but I have NO intentions of retrofitting.

I like a lot dude looks nice and clean!!! I have this same intention for my PMM EX Civic. So far all I have done is the Nokya Yellow DRL's but HID's are next. Not too sure of what output I want either 5k, 6k, or maybe even 8k I'm looking for a nice blueish tint like you have. Looking sweet :thumbsup

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I wanted a whitish blue look that's why I went with the 5k. I've had 6k and 8k before and they were too blue for my taste.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have HID's 6000k in stock housings...there is "some" glare, but not as bad as they say...and it isnt nearly as bad as many other cars on the road..The light output is tremendous and is definitely worth it. As long as you align your beams properly there are hardly any patches of light or any at all missing. You can align the beams strait outward with far reaching visibility but still not pointed so high to blind other drivers... mine are great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts