9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I create this thread to introduce a brand from Japan, 5zigen, it’s actual name is 五次元 (direct translation 5th dimension)… it’s an old school brand started in the 80’s as a exhaust brand and it’s not until 5zigen start to race in the JTCC N1 (along with start up like spoon, buddy club, endless etc….), the brand blew up.

in the 90’s, 5zigen is one of the most popular brand from Japan for Hondas, you know the “n1 style” muffler everyone is selling ? That’s 5zigen fireball…. It’s the most copied muffler in history… before 5zigen introduced the fireball in the mid 90’s, all the exhaust use box, chamber type muffler.

20 some years later, unless your og & been in this game way back, or actually know the history of JDM, you probably never heard of 5zigen before… but that’s ok, it’s why I create this thread….

i start to import some 5zigen parts into the u.s. since 2020… and hopefully more people can actually have access to real jdm parts from Japan, not ebay jdm from China

here is an motor trend article link about 5zigen:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are pretty nice.
yes, it's really nice for it's price, it have no lug nut play, and if you follow yokohama's dynamic weight match mount & balance procedure ? the wheel & tires set up can be mounted with little to no weight, very similar to volk racing & advan racing quality, one of the best weight match balance we did for a local customer, 3 out of 4 5zigen wheel is perfectly balance with no weight...

the quality of the wheels, not only it's about it's material quality, and light weight, how balance is the wheel is also very important, the more weight you use on a wheel, the poorer the quality it is, but this have to do with the quality of the tires also... better quality tires are rounder than poorer quality tires...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surprised you're doing an introduction, I thought everyone knew 5zigen. The FN01RC was crazy popular back in the day but I guess I'm old.
Yes. 90’s 5zigen division 3 & 00’s 5zigen fn01rc were 2 of most iconic jdm wheels of all time… unfortunately, not many people today knows the brand… it’s the same with toda racing, nobody knows toda racing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts