9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i actually looked extensively for 6000k fog lights it seems that everybody just loves the yellow 2500/3000k fogs.... well i don't

Aside from getting the cheap 6000k xentech fog lights from ebay, anywhere else i can spot these guys??

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One for High Beams, One for Fgs lights and one for Low Beams... :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
dont buy them for your high beams/drls. they dont work. as when you turn the highs on, they draw more power. your best bet is to get a pair of halogen white 9005 bulbs for the highs/drls that match 6000k as best you can.

the lows and fogs in 6k are great. i have them, and love them.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont buy them for your high beams/drls. they dont work. as when you turn the highs on, they draw more power. your best bet is to get a pair of halogen white 9005 bulbs for the highs/drls that match 6000k as best you can.

the lows and fogs in 6k are great. i have them, and love them.
Where did you get em?

·
Registered
280 Posts
bro, alien, come look at my car some time and honestly tell me you dont like the look of the 3000k, I have those in my low and fogs, and i've got 2500k in my highbeams/drls. Yellow looks mean as f*ck

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I love the Volt HID kits for lows/fogs. I have the 3000k kit for the fogs and 6000k kit for the lows, but I believe they also offer the H11 in 6000k. It's well worth the $100 or so for the kit. In regards to fog lights going out, it really depends on the ballasts and such. I've ran Volt kits in previous cars and have never had any problems. Personally, I think it's the moisture down near the fog light assembly that causes problems. I swear I could probably submerge the Volt ballast and they'd still stay lit, haha.

Nokya or Piaa bulbs are always an alternative, but there's just something great about HIDs.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love the Volt HID kits for lows/fogs. I have the 3000k kit for the fogs and 6000k kit for the lows, but I believe they also offer the H11 in 6000k. It's well worth the $100 or so for the kit. In regards to fog lights going out, it really depends on the ballasts and such. I've ran Volt kits in previous cars and have never had any problems. Personally, I think it's the moisture down near the fog light assembly that causes problems. I swear I could probably submerge the Volt ballast and they'd still stay lit, haha.

Nokya or Piaa bulbs are always an alternative, but there's just something great about HIDs.
Where are you sourcing those?

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bro, alien, come look at my car some time and honestly tell me you dont like the look of the 3000k, I have those in my low and fogs, and i've got 2500k in my highbeams/drls. Yellow looks mean as f*ck
I certainly agree! I love the look of the 3000k/2500k in the highbeam/drl, but i would perfer 6000k in the fogs. Don't get me wrong, the other night i was walking on O'neil with a friend and you flew by me and i thought that the 3000k fogs looks great! Just donno how i'll like the yellow on my black civic :/

Maybe i'll stop in later Saturday and take a look, still gotta show Andrew the car anyways :p

·
Registered
280 Posts
I certainly agree! I love the look of the 3000k/2500k in the highbeam/drl, but i would perfer 6000k in the fogs. Don't get me wrong, the other night i was walking on O'neil with a friend and you flew by me and i thought that the 3000k fogs looks great! Just donno how i'll like the yellow on my black civic :/

Maybe i'll stop in later Saturday and take a look, still gotta show Andrew the car anyways :p

When you stop in, I'll let you use my 2500k nokya h11's for your fogs, and see what they look like, that way you have an idea before you buy them

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When you stop in, I'll let you use my 2500k nokya h11's for your fogs, and see what they look like, that way you have an idea before you buy them
Are they that easy to swap, just plug and play? LOL with the accord it was a whole module i needed to wire an additional wiring harness from the panel box for another 5A

·
Registered
148 Posts
Where are you sourcing those?
I purchased mine from xenondepot.com. It'll redirect you to their new site. I've always been a fan of their quality and durability. Plus, the Volt ballasts are extremely easy to hide.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I purchased mine from xenondepot.com. It'll redirect you to their new site. I've always been a fan of their quality and durability. Plus, the Volt ballasts are extremely easy to hide.

Only one little issue now that it's been redirected...

View attachment 7794

·
Registered
193 Posts
Same bulbs as last year. 9006 bulb for the low beams, 9005 for the Hi Beams, and the H11 bulb for the fog lights. You can verify this on the estore.honda.com site yourself.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Same bulbs as last year. 9006 bulb for the low beams, 9005 for the Hi Beams, and the H11 bulb for the fog lights. You can verify this on the estore.honda.com site yourself.
GREAT :D Same as the Accord EXL V6!! :D

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
OKK!!! Got it figured out what i'm getting :D

Lows: 9006 / HB4 Volt HID Digital+ HID Kits - 6000K

Fogs: H11 Volt HID Digital+ HID Kits - 6000K

Highs: 9005XS / HB3 XS Putco Halogen Performance Bulbs - In Jet Yellow/3000K

Even if i get two sets of Highs, (because aftermarket Halogen DRL's burn out in all Hondas after a year or so) and get one set of each the low beams and fogs, it'll be under $400 :)

I Like your idea of the mismatched lighting, so DRL's during the day will always be yellow, but the world will change once night falls!!!!!!!!! :flame:

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 27 Posts