9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if it could mess up my paint or anything im really worried about rocks tho.

anyone do this yet for a road trip.. pics pls so i can see where you taped

·
Registered
177 Posts
My car been with me for about a year now and I gotta tell you, I drove to seattle washington a lot and I dont even tape anything and got a bunch of rock chips. YOLO

·
Registered
947 Posts
Painters tape should be fine. I used it when I taped newspaper on my car when I plastidipped my emblems. My hood/front bumper has tons of rock chips that annoy me a lot lol I say go with the tape.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Painter's tape will not damage your paint as long as you stick with the blue 3M tape. If you encounter any rain it could come off, though. Lots of people do this on road trips.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The down side of Honda's the paint chips so easily.... ! My last 08 Coupe had same issue's it chiped so easily and paint started cracking on the hood and fenders that Honda had a recall for. Was hoping my 2012 that the paint would be better than the 8th gen.. but already have chips with only 1800 Miles... annoying how easy the paint chips...

·
Got Jiggy with Blue and liked it!!!
430 Posts
The down side of Honda's the paint chips so easily.... ! My last 08 Coupe had same issue's it chiped so easily and paint started cracking on the hood and fenders that Honda had a recall for. Was hoping my 2012 that the paint would be better than the 8th gen.. but already have chips with only 1800 Miles... annoying how easy the paint chips...
I've often wondered why auto paint is so subject to chipping and scratching. Certainly the technology exists to apply more durable finishes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why don't you get that clear bra stuff from the dealer? Regardless, things like chips are inevitable unless you plan to make your car a show car.

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
The common front bumper misconception is rock's due front bumper chips however its bugs although rocks do some damage bugs are worse.when a bug splats on your bumper and you let it sit for too long is the acid from its guts actually eats away at the surface.if you live in an area where you commonly have a sample from every bug on earth chances are you bumper looks like crap.However Honda does not use cheap paint or clear the thing is its waterbased paint not solvent based and waterbased paint is about a 10th the thickness of traditional solvent based paint so yes hoods are prone to cracking regardless of auto manufacturer.especially my darker color brothers tips is avoid prolonged direct heat,wash regularly,wax with a good uv deterrent wax .and never wash your car with dish soap.I mean never.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts