9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so as the title says, Im a proud owner of a 08 NHBP Civic Si. I figured I would migrate over here and see how you guys all like the new Si. I'm very curious about how it performs. Definitely love my 8th gen but with the new power output of the 9th gen, its hard to not want a new car haha. If any of you guys upgraded to the new Si, let me know. Thanks. Oh ya I almost forgot, my name is Mathew.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Its nice to finally see an 8th gen owner that can appreciate the 9th gen. Welcome!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
Hey guys so as the title says, Im a proud owner of a 08 NHBP Civic Si. I figured I would migrate over here and see how you guys all like the new Si. I'm very curious about how it performs. Definitely love my 8th gen but with the new power output of the 9th gen, its hard to not want a new car haha. If any of you guys upgraded to the new Si, let me know. Thanks. Oh ya I almost forgot, my name is Mathew.
Hey there.

So, this probably isn't really the comparison you were looking for, but I might be able to help. My cousin has a 2007 EX coupe, and I have a 2012 LX coupe. I like my car so much more. The body style is more fluent, the gauges and the imid are better than the dashboard on his. The big complaint seems to be about the quality of the interior. Its no Lexus, but I don't notice much of a difference between 9th and 8th gens in regards to quality.

Of course, this is all just my (probably biased) opinion. As for power someone else can discuss that, my car goes vroom and sounds vroom but it doesn't speed vroom...

FG3 SQUAD MEMBER #5

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
welcome to the 9thgencivic forum!

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
well, there isn't much difference in the new power, just that we can get to it a little quicker with the added torque.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Bone stock they compare quite well, mods still favor the 8th Gen at this time though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've never even sat in an 8th Gen Si, but comparing it to my 9th I can certainly see that they both have thier strenghts and weaknesses. At the end of the day if the car is well kept and clean, it's getting a thumbs up from me! But as mentioned, the 8th does seem to be more tuner friendly. In all honesty, I was almost going to pull the trigger on buying a used 8th Gen Si simply because I preferred the body style and engine to the 9th.. But in reality, I wanted to be the cherry popper in terms of using and abusing the car instead of inheriting someone else's hard driven miles. Also, at the time the 8th Gens were equal to if not more expensive than the 9th gens, therefore based on economics alone I went with the 2012.. After 4 months of ownership I can say that I still really enjoy the car and that the added torque over my previous Civics (all EX trims), is excellent to have in daily driving. It's nice to be able to pick up speed with out screaming thru the gears. Welcome to the forum and cheers to you for appreciating and not hatin..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts