9th Gen Civic Forum banner

181 - 200 of 219 Posts

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
I am looking to purchase some lowering springs for my 9th gen, and I was just thinking?? Does 8th gen civic springs fit our 9th gen bodies? Anyone try it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
While I would highly recommend just buying springs meant for the 9th gen specifically, 8th gen springs will work, but you'll need an extra part or two

·
Registered
33 Posts
8th Gen Coils on 9th gen

So I have read and you can install 8th gen coilovers on our 9th gen's. Correct..... The fronts need nothing changed, but the rears need.....?

I use to own a VW and Audi and alot of people over there where on Raceland's. They are not the greatest but good for daily driving. They are releasing coils for the 8th gen sometime in Feb. will anyone be getting these. Honda Civic 8th Gen. Coilovers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Running 8th gen coils on 9th gen?

I've seen soooo many different answers for this question, I know their are plenty of answers out there but I'm hoping we can get ond definitive answer on this question
Is it safe to use 8th gen coils kits on a 9th gen? From what I've heard the suspensions are identical. But then sometimes I see the spring rate is different which I kinda agree with because i feel like I sit up higher in my 9th than my 8th.
Any input is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
From what I read. It works but you need the rear isolators to make it fit. Also it works but it handles like shit cause it's not made for the 9th gen. Therefore, it's better to buy coils for the 9th. You can't put in a front sway bar if you use the 8th gen coils too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
From what I read. It works but you need the rear isolators to make it fit. Also it works but it handles like shit cause it's not made for the 9th gen. Therefore, it's better to buy coils for the 9th. You can't put in a front sway bar if you use the 8th gen coils too.
okay so its good for the drop but as a overall suspension its horrible, thanks bruh!

·
Registered
225 Posts
It all depends on what your doing to your car. If your going to track it I'd get the coils made for our car but if you want to just slam it and don't care to much for performance then use the 8th coils but as for me my coils came from my 8th gen so why not? But if your in the market I'd save up and get the right coils.
Heres a pic of how it sits with 8thgen ksport coils

·
Registered
193 Posts
mine feels good. had buddy club coilovers from my 8th now for like 3k miles. tightened up my preload and feels amazing. but then again. that's my own personal opinion haha. oh im riding pretty slammed too so i wouldn't have been able to feel so much sway bar use anyway. but then again my car handles really well

·
Registered
116 Posts
It all depends on what your doing to your car. If your going to track it I'd get the coils made for our car but if you want to just slam it and don't care to much for performance then use the 8th coils but as for me my coils came from my 8th gen so why not? But if your in the market I'd save up and get the right coils.
Heres a pic of how it sits with 8thgen ksport coils
Thats what I've drawn from this, I have no intentions of slamming it or laying frame, I just want a proper drop to eliminate as much wheel to fender gap as possible. While enhancing the ride of te vehicle. So I think im gonna try to save for a good set of 9th coils.

·
Registered
116 Posts
mine feels good. had buddy club coilovers from my 8th now for like 3k miles. tightened up my preload and feels amazing. but then again. that's my own personal opinion haha. oh im riding pretty slammed too so i wouldn't have been able to feel so much sway bar use anyway. but then again my car handles really well
haha i feel you on that, so since you're slammed the sway bar issue isn't a problem for you? thats a good solution to that problem haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just put skunk2 springs on my 9th gen and it looks really good, sits right above the tire in front and back.
As for the ride, so far it's still really smooth. Actually feels better imo.
It handles better as well. Just gotta get used to going slower over speed bumps lol
229.jpg 230.jpg 234.jpg 235.jpg
2 on the left are before, and the 2 on the right are after pics.

All you need is the upper rear isolators, which aren't expensive at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
whats needed for 8th gen coilover swap

about to purchase some racelace coilovers for the 8th gen but i dont remember what i needed exactly for the 8th gen swap

181 - 200 of 219 Posts