201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
remove the front sway bar

rear upper spring isolators
(x2 (left/right)): 52691-SNA-A01

the bolts/nuts up front for the suspension
Bolt(x4): 90190-SNA-000 BOLT, FLANGE (14X57)
Nut(x4): 90213-SR3-013 NUT, SELF-LOCK (14MM)

·
Registered
9 Posts
9th gen coilovers fit into 8th gen?

I have a 2006 Civic Si and 2013 Acura ILX which is basically a 'luxury version' of the 9th gen civic. I am planning on buying a coilover for my ILX but not YET ready to mess around with the suspension. Now, I am thinking of buying a coilover kit specifically for 2012+ Civic/ILX and install it on my 8thgen civic for the mean time.Is this possible? I am pretty sure the rear will fit with no problem. But as for the front, I am not 100% sure.I also know that there is a difference on the lower shock bolt. Please confirm

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
hey there, the 9th gen front strut bolts i believe are 21mm. In order to install 8th gen suspension on a 9th gen or ILX you need to purchase the smaller 17mm 8th gen bolts. The 8th gen suspension can be used on 9th/ILX cause your going down in bolt size, I wouldn't install 9th/ILX suspension on the 8th because if you decide to use 8th gen bolts then there will be a space inside that area (usually where a camber bolt would go to adjust). If you drove around and the bolts loosened up or didn't loosen up, the suspension still has room to move around and shift on you.

That covers if the suspension can be installed. In terms of ride height now. My Buddy Club N+ (which is known to be able to go as low as laying the frame on the ground for 8th gen) does not allow my 9th gen coupe to go that low in the front. In the rear i am able to tuck tire and tuck rim if i wish to do so. In the front, i am only able to lower to the car to the point where i tuck tire and im on 18" HFP's. Im not able to slam the front and tuck the rim. This is because the suspension lowers down to the point where it makes contact with the drive shaft. Ive already ripped both of my CV boots last season and it's a possible risk to others if they lower it that much (even though the suspension is set super low, the car isn't.....well that's because its not meant for the car).

So im not exactly sure how your 8th gen would sit on 9th gen suspension. You might not be able to lower the car how you want, or your might not be able to raise the car to the height you want. Do so at your own risk, any questions feel free to post again in this thread and then maybe PM me if i don't reply

·
Registered
175 Posts
8th gen to 9th gen fitment

This might seem like a dumb question and I have searched the forum but did not find anything in regards to the 8th gen fitment vs 9th gen fitment for strut bars....

Do the strut bars from 8th gen civics fit 9th gen. I would have assumed not right away because I see some threads about people R&D'ing some for our gen but... I've also read theads in other forums in regards to there not being much difference in our suspension measurements for strut bars as well as now seeing some for sale that are listing 06-12 years as workling.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stone-Sway-Strut-Racing-Stabilizer-Brace-Link-06-12-Honda-Civic-Front-Tower-Bar-/170942238076?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2012|Model:Civic|Submodel:Si&hash=item27ccf38d7c&vxp=mtr#ht_4972wt_970

This also mentions that this style works with 06-12 and also wondering if anyone has every tried this style of brace.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Strut-Racing-Stabilizer-Member-Link-for-06-12-Honda-Civic-Front-Tower-Bar-/200848298775?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2012|Model:Civic|Submodel:Si&hash=item2ec37dd317&vxp=mtr

Here is one that states its specific for our 9th gen.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Happ-Aluminum-Strut-Tower-Upper-Bar-Brace-Front-For-9th-Civic-2012-2013-Stable-/321138828482?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2012|Model:Civic|Submodel:Si&hash=item4ac55da4c2&vxp=mtr#ht_8427wt_970

Now I understand this is China market products but has anyone measured out the differences?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Tried searching and couldn't find an answer. Are the 8th gen springs a direct swap, or do they require modification?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It all depends on what your doing to your car. If your going to track it I'd get the coils made for our car but if you want to just slam it and don't care to much for performance then use the 8th coils but as for me my coils came from my 8th gen so why not? But if your in the market I'd save up and get the right coils.
Heres a pic of how it sits with 8thgen ksport coils
Hey man, whats that boot lip if you dont mind me asking?

Does anyone know if 8th gen sway bars will fit on our 9 gens? Found a cusco sway bar with endlinks for cheaps and wondering whether itll fit before buying

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Nope?Different engine different flash pro.I asked bout the 8th R18 and it wasn't compatible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bump for any insight?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does anybody know if the control arms are the same in the 8th gen and the 9th gen, Im actually not interested in the control arms just the bushings, Megan Racing makes bushings for the 8th gen but not the 9th gen anybody has any insight in this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does anybody know if the control arms are the same in the 8th gen and the 9th gen, Im actually not interested in the control arms just the bushings, Megan Racing makes bushings for the 8th gen but not the 9th gen anybody has any insight in this?
I second this question, except I want the SuperPro bushings instead of Megan's

201 - 219 of 219 Posts