August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
yes there the right ones..
make sure to install the rear isolators too
just to be safe..

·
Registered
49 Posts
yes I also bought the rear isolators but I receive those tomorrow and then I'll get my ride dropped finally :eusa_dance:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Im sitting on skunk2's they are pretty good but the only problem i have is that the rear is too high!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok Bras last I heard the suspension on the 8th was different then the 9th. Wrong am I?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
109 Posts
^ Correct you are. Although, with a few tweaks, you're able to fit 8th gen suspension parts in the 9ths. To fit coilovers, you gotta sacrifice the front sway bar, get the correct sized Strut bolts for the front assemblies and rear isolators from an 8th. To fit springs, you just need the isolators from an 8th. Walah, you got 8th gen shit on 9th.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The SNA part comes on cars made outside of Japan.
The SNV part comes on cars made in Japan.
Function and spec are same, but generally the Made In Japan parts are of higher quality.

Take a look around the 9th gen parts catalog, there are parts like this all over the car, some aren't even interchangeable, such as the windshield washer reservoir filler neck.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have skunk2 springs 8th gen on my 9th gen si and it looks good and ride good brah

·
Registered
109 Posts
^ apparently it's supposed to be 2.25" front and 2" rear.. the end result for 9th civics is a no finger gap in front and 2 finger gap in rear.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't think so. I've seen SNA parts made in Japan and North America. I've seen SNV parts from both too. Usually the location of the SNA/SNV is a series or body type and not manufacturing location.

Chris

·
Registered
106 Posts
What can I use from the 8th gen suspension?

Like I know we can use the coilovers and spring with some adjustments, but I want to know what we can put in our cars without having to deal with adjustments, like poping them in. For example, cambers, tie rods, control arms, sway bars, strut bars.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Rear springs require 8th gen isolator. Front struts are not compatible with the sway bar. I think folks are using aftermarket rear camber arms. Some folks are using 8th gen sway bars in the rear, but it's iffy with a bigger exhaust.

161 - 180 of 219 Posts