9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up Guys and Gals! Finally got a 9th gen Si. I post a thread about a year ago introducing myself, but circumstances were not right for purchasing a newer car, so I waited. After having my 8th gen Si for 7 years, I decided it was time for an upgrade. I picked up a lightly used 2013 Dyno Blue Pearl Si Sedan. I could't justify paying over 3500 for a 2014, especially since I prefer the 13 wheels and all black interior. I originally wanted an RR sedan, but found a good deal on a DBP. I am really enjoying the new ride! All I have done so far is tint the windows.

Here is a pic of my old baby. I loved every minute with her. I sold her with 137k miles.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,071 Posts
Hey, man, welcome. I remember that hood with the louvers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, man, welcome. I remember that hood with the louvers.
Thanks man!

Welcome (again). Your 8th gen. looks very nice and same with your new whip. I wish you another 7 years of happiness in your new Si.
Thanks I appreciate it. Hopefully this one wont give me any problems like my 8th. She was a trooper.

Welcome to 9th
Thanks!

Congrats. Car looks real clean.
Thank you. Going to do my best to keep it that way.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Omg if only you could of kept both Si's! Both looking good buddy.
Thank you! The plan was to keep my first Si, but I had to move out of California for a job. I do miss its higher redline though. I had hondata reflash so it would change over to the second cam at 4800 rpm. It was a really fun car!

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Both very nice... I would say you were due for a new one for sure! Love the DBP and I agree with you that Honda RR is a bold/ badazz colour. RR is a little too flashy for my taste, but every time I see one I really like it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Both very nice... I would say you were due for a new one for sure! Love the DBP and I agree with you that Honda RR is a bold/ badazz colour. RR is a little too flashy for my taste, but every time I see one I really like it.
Yeah I am glad I went with DBP. When I see RR on the road, I always think what if! It looks great on the sedan.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome dude. I totally recognize your car, and your name from the 8th site. I traded my RR fg2 for a SOP Sedan. It'll grow on you, I promise. I miss some of the aspects that you mentioned too, but overall, I like the 9thgen more though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome dude. I totally recognize your car, and your name from the 8th site. I traded my RR fg2 for a SOP Sedan. It'll grow on you, I promise. I miss some of the aspects that you mentioned too, but overall, I like the 9thgen more though.
The 9th gen is starting to grow on me... it has all the creature comforts I was looking for. The extra torque is a definite plus!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts