9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Debating on going with either the Clutchmasters FX350 or Competition Clutch Stg4...anyone have any input on these? And I know with the CC Stg4, I have to buy an OEM 8thgen Flywheel, is it safe to assume the same for the CM FX350?? Thanks!

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
:moved:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Debating on going with either the Clutchmasters FX350 or Competition Clutch Stg4...anyone have any input on these? And I know with the CC Stg4, I have to buy an OEM 8thgen Flywheel, is it safe to assume the same for the CM FX350?? Thanks!
Don't debate Mike, DO IT!!! Hahaha

I'd get the 8th flywheel for either application. I'm leaning more toward the FX350 even though it's a segmented disc. Make sure they machine the flywheel in a step-up method. Specs would be included in your kit. It's rated at 110% increase in Tq which should be more than sufficient and it's rated as a track application, too per their website.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Stage 4 is a pretty big clutch for NA. I have heard really good things about it though...most people claim it lasts about 10K miles though so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stage 4 is a pretty big clutch for NA. I have heard really good things about it though...most people claim it lasts about 10K miles though so keep that in mind.
Not staying N/A, S/C on-order...and those are people that do burnouts and shit...i dont abuse my clutches. That being said, im sure it doesnt have a looong lifespan but i think ill get a bit more than 10k out of it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
holy crap. 10k on a clutch disc is horrible.. imagine having to tear your trans out every other service. "oops almost forgot my tire rotation and clutch"ha

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hey guys I picked up an 8th gen flywheel and a stage 1 exedy clutch kit I tried to find the specs for the step up method but couldn't find them does anyone know where I can find them

Reactions: team3d

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hey guys I picked up an 8th gen flywheel and a stage 1 exedy clutch kit I tried to find the specs for the step up method but couldn't find them does anyone know where I can find them
Forget the question finally got a hold of exedy and was told that because I got a brand new flywheel I don't have to machine it I guess I was under the understanding that you had to machine it for the racing clutch

Reactions: aaronvo88
1 - 12 of 12 Posts