9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was researching for what i need in order to run UAE headlights on my car and I noticed some people got 9006 to h11 harness/adapters.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what it exactly does?

Because from my understanding:

Stock Headlights use 9006 sized bulbs and the connection that fits the bulb is only meant for 9006 sized bulbs.
UAE Headlights use H11 sized bulbs, so our 9006 sized connection would NOT fit H11 sized bulbs.
And we need this adapter to make our stock (9006) wire to fit H11 sized bulbs?

Or do hids have a role in this? Please explain this as well if they do because I plan on going straight to hids right when i install uae headlights.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
I was researching for what i need in order to run UAE headlights on my car and I noticed some people got 9006 to h11 harness/adapters.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what it exactly does?

Because from my understanding:

Stock Headlights use 9006 sized bulbs and the connection that fits the bulb is only meant for 9006 sized bulbs.
UAE Headlights use H11 sized bulbs, so our 9006 sized connection would NOT fit H11 sized bulbs.
And we need this adapter to make our stock (9006) wire to fit H11 sized bulbs?

Or do hids have a role in this? Please explain this as well if they do because I plan on going straight to hids right when i install uae headlights.
Buy hid kit appropriate for the headlight and done.you'll need a relay harness anyways

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm lost from both of your replies. So I do need the 9006 to H11 adapter/harness? Otherwise it won't plug in or run?
About UAE halogen projector headlights, you need to get a 9006 to H11 adapter for the low beam (ebay has it)2X 9006 to H11 Headlights Conversion Pigtail Connector Wiring Harness Plug | eBay

And another wiring harness for signal light.

2012 2013 Honda Civic UAE Projector Headlight Signal Light PNP Wiring Harness | eBay

After you have those, you can plug and play on the UAE headlights.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you want go for HID bulb for your halogen UAE headlights, I think that you still need 9006 to H11 adapter and buy H11 HID kit.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
I'm lost from both of your replies. So I do need the 9006 to H11 adapter/harness? Otherwise it won't plug in or run?
Ok here's a simple version.

Buy the HID kit with the bulb FOR THE PROJECTORS.
Next buy the HID relay harness off eBay that can be had for about 20$
The plug from your cars harness will plug into the relay harness as it will just be a signal wire.

Next get some 14 ga wire and tap the turn signal wire for the secondary or inner turn signal on the new headlights.ground seperately from the bulb holder on the secondary /inner turn signal.save yourself more than 100$
No sub harness needed for turn signals.waste of money.
If your absolutely desperate for a plug n play harness for your turn signLs,send me your connections and I'll make you one for 15$

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About UAE halogen projector headlights, you need to get a 9006 to H11 adapter for the low beam (ebay has it)2X 9006 to H11 Headlights Conversion Pigtail Connector Wiring Harness Plug | eBay

And another wiring harness for signal light.

2012 2013 Honda Civic UAE Projector Headlight Signal Light PNP Wiring Harness | eBay

After you have those, you can plug and play on the UAE headlights.
If you want go for HID bulb for your halogen UAE headlights, I think that you still need 9006 to H11 adapter and buy H11 HID kit.
Oh I got it now! Either I get HIDs or not, I'll need the harness no matter what since the housing for the headlights are only for H11 bulbs. I'm getting a pair of the 9006 to H11 harnesses soon, but it looks like someone already bought the wiring harness for the signal lights.

Ok here's a simple version.

Buy the HID kit with the bulb FOR THE PROJECTORS.
Next buy the HID relay harness off eBay that can be had for about 20$
The plug from your cars harness will plug into the relay harness as it will just be a signal wire.

Next get some 14 ga wire and tap the turn signal wire for the secondary or inner turn signal on the new headlights.ground seperately from the bulb holder on the secondary /inner turn signal.save yourself more than 100$
No sub harness needed for turn signals.waste of money.
If your absolutely desperate for a plug n play harness for your turn signLs,send me your connections and I'll make you one for 15$

I found a DIY online as well, but I think I can make the harness in my automotive class, we're on wiring and electrical systems haha. But if I can't, I'll hit you up. But thanks for the offer, I appreciate it! But if a "PnP" harness isn't used, I'd be using the corner lights nearest tot the tire and the bulb nearest to the grill/ emblem would never be used? correct?

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Oh I got it now! Either I get HIDs or not, I'll need the harness no matter what since the housing for the headlights are only for H11 bulbs. I'm getting a pair of the 9006 to H11 harnesses soon, but it looks like someone already bought the wiring harness for the signal lights.

I found a DIY online as well, but I think I can make the harness in my automotive class, we're on wiring and electrical systems haha. But if I can't, I'll hit you up. But thanks for the offer, I appreciate it! But if a "PnP" harness isn't used, I'd be using the corner lights nearest tot the tire and the bulb nearest to the grill/ emblem would never be used? correct?
If you search,I don't remember right now,the thread about the oem real deal projectors a few of us got from the edm market ,there are pictures of people that made their own harness and I believe even the socket PN from honda is in there.
They are easy to make.
But not süre what you mean by emblem.
But I'll lay it out.its late so forgive before you rant.

Oem is a total of 3 bulbs and 5 light outputs per headlight.
One bulb is your park/turn signal.(outter)
One bulb is low beam
One bulb is high beam/drl

Edm oem is a total of 4 bulbs and 6 light outputs.
One bulb is a DRL/park/turn signal(outer)
One bulb is low beam
One bulb is high beam
One bulb is turn signal(next to grill)

Usdm/can civics are not wired for the proper functions of the outer drl as our high beam is drl.
So we make do.
You can A spend a grip to buy the unneeded pnp or B tap your turn signal for the inner bulb of the edm/UAE lampset only spend maybe 5 bucks if you have the stuff.even if you get fancy with solder and heatshield and heat shrink and expandable loom it's only like 10$.

Look for that thread read through it.

Oh yeah and No,we can't get the adjusters to work for the fact that no-one wants to spend 250$ on new servos and another 150$ to get the correct rheostat or auto level kit and the correct relays needed.
I searched high and low as well as my contact in england.just adjust and leave alone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nearest to emblem is 1 and nearest to tire is 4. lol sorry,
civic_headlighton.sized.jpg

I meant that if I were to install the projector headlights with/without the PnP harness for the fancy signaling function the result would be:

(without PnP harness) Having all proper functions on 2 and 3 (and when signaling, 4 would blink by itself with out alternating with 1 [like our stock headlights]) So #1 bulb would never be used.

(with PnP harness) All normal and proper function of the headlights. 2 and 3 will work as they would without the harness (1 an 4 will alternately blink when signaling)

orr... I'm just the one who's making this more difficult for myself. :eusa_think:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hey effbee,
Im thinking about getting the UAE projectors as well, but do not want to use the inner turn signals, since I have led switchbacks. Would my turn signals fit in the outer position?

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Hey effbee,
Im thinking about getting the UAE projectors as well, but do not want to use the inner turn signals, since I have led switchbacks. Would my turn signals fit in the outer position?

The outsides are the same as far as 2 functions go.
You'll be fine with just your regular setup.you don't need to run the inner bulb.I was innerbulbless for the first few weeks till I had figured out that the harness is just reversed polarity for the inner bulb.
So no you don't need the inner bulb ,but it's cooler.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The outsides are the same as far as 2 functions go.
You'll be fine with just your regular setup.you don't need to run the inner bulb.I was innerbulbless for the first few weeks till I had figured out that the harness is just reversed polarity for the inner bulb.
So no you don't need the inner bulb ,but it's cooler.

Ok thanks man! Now its just a matter of waiting for a blacked out version of the UAE projectors to come out

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Ok thanks man! Now its just a matter of waiting for a blacked out version of the UAE projectors to come out

Naw honestly make yourself some dual retrofits.
I'm going to sell my edm projectors.
I've come to the conclusion that I'm pretty süre I'll be buying a new si this year.there cool and all but I've been eyeing the accord touring projectors and the dual setup would look good on the civic.
Buy yourself a retrofit kit.especially since you don't feel like using the inner turn signal.
Plus the money those go for is ridiculous.
Imagine getting in a front end fender bender and destroying your headlights.
Insurance ain't paying for em since they aren't oem,here that is.if there's no part number at the dealer they won't get it.
Just ask a buddy of mine that dropped 10k for a rsx-r swap(rsx) had the car totaled and didn't get a penny for the swap just what the car is worth.
Just saying.
They were cool but make some retros,you'll thank me later.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
You forgot about me at the bottom of page 1 :pout:
Didn't see it my man,it started a new page sorry.
So I'm a little confused but basically if you don't tap for the inner bulb on the UAE / edm you'll just have the factory functions.outside being turn/park
And the headlights will work normal regardless of the sub harness or not.
We don't have a way to disengage the drl function from the high beam.

so the only changes are having an inner turn signal that's it.
nothing more.

If you need help lmk.but if your in electronics this is a cake walk.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IT's alright, I'll play witht the lights and figure it out. I'm just getting impatient for everything to come in the mail.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Naw honestly make yourself some dual retrofits.
I'm going to sell my edm projectors.
I've come to the conclusion that I'm pretty süre I'll be buying a new si this year.there cool and all but I've been eyeing the accord touring projectors and the dual setup would look good on the civic.
Buy yourself a retrofit kit.especially since you don't feel like using the inner turn signal.
Plus the money those go for is ridiculous.
Imagine getting in a front end fender bender and destroying your headlights.
Insurance ain't paying for em since they aren't oem,here that is.if there's no part number at the dealer they won't get it.
Just ask a buddy of mine that dropped 10k for a rsx-r swap(rsx) had the car totaled and didn't get a penny for the swap just what the car is worth.
Just saying.
They were cool but make some retros,you'll thank me later.

Yeah I've been debating in whether to retrofit or not. Its a matter of finding the time and what not.. I like the look of the UAE projectors better tho, looks more oem than a retrofit but you have a valid point as to whether I would get into a fender bender, i would be SOL, lol.
A good portion of my car is aftermarket anyway so I always drive extra careful now bc I'll never get that money back

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Yeah I've been debating in whether to retrofit or not. Its a matter of finding the time and what not.. I like the look of the UAE projectors better tho, looks more oem than a retrofit but you have a valid point as to whether I would get into a fender bender, i would be SOL, lol.
A good portion of my car is aftermarket anyway so I always drive extra careful now bc I'll never get that money back

Yeah I know.but a retro is half the cost.still remains original.
You know they are real and not overpriced replicas.
Remember this.
when there's opportunity of say the only one or when there is a chance to sell a copy someone will.they'll make a buck off you regardless how they do it.
For example rv6 is the only one out with a Downpipe for my accord and the price is beyond stupid.
I know I can weld better than the crooked welds and I'm willing to bet they aren't purge welds so the weld is inferior for an exhaust component.
But since theyre the only ones they charge what they want.easy to take advantage of people.
So as far as your lights go,I'd say do what your comfortable with as a whole.weigh it all out sit back,relax and think.
then execute your decisions based on you and you only.who cares what I or the next guy say.your car your paying for it your driving it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts