• 41-65

Votes: 76 15.1%
  • 66+

Votes: 12 2.4%
16221 - 16240 of 16300 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
so, just returned from Honda...getting symbol 7 service work done. according to print out they gave me on 12/26, i was to get my brake fluid exchanged, a tire rotation & balance as well as a 4 wheel computer alignment. all for $89.95. when i showed up this morning to drop it off, they were like, ok, a brake fluid exchange. be about an hour. are you waiting for it? i said, wait, my paperwork you gave me last time says ....(see above for what work to be done). whoops, someone made an error while inputting the work into the computer. symbol 7 is supposed to read: EITHER brake fluid exchange OR the rotate & balance and alignment, not both. they said they would honor it since they sent it to me twice. what a deal!

next week, CVT fluid needs changed, and they are wanting $89.95 for that, but i have their 10% off coupon, so, $80.00 for it. and i think the last time i did the fluid, it cost me nearly $50 in fluid and crush washers. also, supposed to get 6 more inches of the white powder this weekend...so they can do it.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Same ole same ole. Busy with work as well, went to West Texas last week, going to California the last week of the month. Slow time of year for us.
I usually travel 7-8 times per year for work, but right now it's more than usual.

Reactions: bfaided1984

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Hello Crew,

Just trying to stag positive. Ths weather was bad a few weeks ago. It took a week to catch up but managment did a great job. It's been snowy and lots of ice this week. Nothing like sliding in a 18 wheeler. Got stuck a few times on level pavement but because of ice I couldn't get enough traction.

Nothing new to report but miss the Civics. They were better in the snow than the new Civic. All 3 cars started a few days later when the temperature was-24. Even the Acura with a small battery and 10w30 started with out issue. HRV is OK but need need tires.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Hello Crew,

Just trying to stag positive. Ths weather was bad a few weeks ago. It took a week to catch up but managment did a great job. It's been snowy and lots of ice this week. Nothing like sliding in a 18 wheeler. Got stuck a few times on level pavement but because of ice I couldn't get enough traction.

Nothing new to report but miss the Civics. They were better in the snow than the new Civic. All 3 cars started a few days later when the temperature was-24. Even the Acura with a small battery and 10w30 started with out issue. HRV is OK but need need tires.
Sliding in an 18 wheeler does not sound like a good time. Be safe out there. I personally haven't even seen snow this year.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Sliding in an 18 wheeler does not sound like a good time. Be safe out there. I personally haven't even seen snow this year.
Thank you and yes, it is not fun. I wish I had a manual trans in the winter. I would have more road feel and could use the gear ratios to stop and control the truck. I have an automatic transmission in my truck and is great for saving my leg and arm but no control when stopping. At idle in drive I can move 5 mph so I have to overcome that to stop. I don't remember ice ever being an issue like it's been this year. Snow you have some traction but ice you have none.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Thank you and yes, it is not fun. I wish I had a manual trans in the winter. I would have more road feel and could use the gear ratios to stop and control the truck. I have an automatic transmission in my truck and is great for saving my leg and arm but no control when stopping. At idle in drive I can move 5 mph so I have to overcome that to stop. I don't remember ice ever being an issue like it's been this year. Snow you have some traction but ice you have none.
Didn't know they made big rigs with an automatic. Learned something new.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Didn't know they made big rigs with an automatic. Learned something new.
They had to ho automatic to get drivers. Driving a manual is a skill that many don't have the patience for. My truck is set up for pickups and deliverys. It has a Allison 6 speed auto like most buses. It quick off the line and easy to backup. The road units have a automated transmission which is a 10-12 speed manual gear box but the clutch is computered control with no clutch pedal. They are slow because they shift slower and won't skip shift.

New driver getting their license in one of these vehicles will have an exception of auto only on their license. I am old school and don't have that. If I was still driving a manual truck I would be in a lots of pain and probably retired from driving. I would shift easily over 1000 times a day. I miss a manual from time to time but glad I don't need it every day.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Yea the elder men in my family drove truck back in the day. The most i've ever done in a semi was move one forward to wash it. Then move it back, less than 50 feet.
Manual transmission, one of the best theft deterrents out there. Saved my buddy's type r one time. That and the fact that it barely ran.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I try to get out once a month. I'm in sales, but all my territory is at least 2 hours away from me.
We cover North America. We use manufacturers reps, but if we don't have a rep in a certain area, I hit the road (or the air). I usually don't mind traveling, but these back to back trips get tiring. I used to be a regional sales manager for eastern PA only. Much easier to service accounts.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
We cover North America. We use manufacturers reps, but if we don't have a rep in a certain area, I hit the road (or the air). I usually don't mind traveling, but these back to back trips get tiring. I used to be a regional sales manager for eastern PA only. Much easier to service accounts.
Sounds like anytime you have to go out you're in the boonies.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,542 Posts
I could never have survived traveling for business.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,542 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,542 Posts
Well of course I love my wife and kid, hell the dog is ok too, but a chance to sleep in a king sized bed, with a fan on, and the company is paying for. I think of it as a mini vacation, for about three days.
Ok well when you put it that way . . . haha . . . cool.

Come to think of it, I was in a situation for a while where the entire rest of the household must have been penguins in disguise. They wanted the AC on from March to November. Me? Open an effin' window! hahahahahahahaaaaaa

I wouldna minded living elsewhere for a while back then.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
And to top it off, it's not work work when I'm making sales calls. Just going around visiting people, not taking orders or messing with any of the stuff in the office.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,542 Posts
Hey, Kyle, hows it going?

16221 - 16240 of 16300 Posts