Votes: 73 15.0%
  • 66+

Votes: 12 2.5%

• Total voters
16241 - 16260 of 16277 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
How's everyone doing? Just saw the weirdest thing. Bro-dozer with leaf springs up front....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
in the last 11 days, i racked up 2992.4 miles! little car did good. drove into the remnants of the bomb cyclone in Denver, extremely high sustained cross winds for 9 hours! got into the middle of a severe hailstorm, quarter size to golf ball size hail as well.

i'm tired! i think the car's tired too

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
How's everyone doing? Just saw the weirdest thing. Bro-dozer with leaf springs up front....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What kind of truck was it? Ford was leafspring until 2005 or so. Some people put newer front ends on the older trucks.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
in the last 11 days, i racked up 2992.4 miles! little car did good. drove into the remnants of the bomb cyclone in Denver, extremely high sustained cross winds for 9 hours! got into the middle of a severe hailstorm, quarter size to golf ball size hail as well.

i'm tired! i think the car's tired too
I'm very surprised the hail didn't ruin your car's bodywork.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I'm very surprised the hail didn't ruin your car's bodywork.
i presumed it was going too, but since i haven't had the bodywork repaired yet from the earlier accident, i figured, what the heck. all i could find is one dent in the hood...and it's small enough, with a car that has 111,xxx miles now, i'm not too worried about it. i may ask the body shop to fix it when it goes in the the replacement front cover.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
i presumed it was going too, but since i haven't had the bodywork repaired yet from the earlier accident, i figured, what the heck. all i could find is one dent in the hood...and it's small enough, with a car that has 111,xxx miles now, i'm not too worried about it. i may ask the body shop to fix it when it goes in the the replacement front cover.
You could just tag it in with the rest of the repair work for insurance purposes. Most adjusters will work with you, is my experience.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Hello Crew,

My life has been going through a lot of changes lately. Winter weather finally broke here.. Work has been changing too cutting hours and working harder during the day.

I am not looking forward to the spring storms. I expect hail and flooding. Winter was bad enough with the super cold and expect the same extremes with summer.

Hope everyone is doing good. I miss my Civic but been figuring out the R18 motor. I am still impressed by the.mpg and power I get out of this motor.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Hello Crew,

My life has been going through a lot of changes lately. Winter weather finally broke here.. Work has been changing too cutting hours and working harder during the day.

I am not looking forward to the spring storms. I expect hail and flooding. Winter was bad enough with the super cold and expect the same extremes with summer.

Hope everyone is doing good. I miss my Civic but been figuring out the R18 motor. I am still impressed by the.mpg and power I get out of this motor.
This morning I'm going to change the oil in my R18 after around 6K miles. It just got back from a thousand mile round trip, ran the snot run out of it at times and it uses zero oil and runs perfect. Honda screwed up when they quit that engine IMO. I can easily get 43mpg from it if I keep my foot reasonable. We can thank Nobama for the tiny turbos with infinite problems. They're designed to pass emissions testing but don't deliver any better mileage and certainly won't last as long as any NA decent engine. If that's progress, I don't need any. Other than that, perfect weather here.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Finally, A Maintenance To Do...

Something besides oil and filters. The original equipment wiper blades needed replacement. They had begun to leave tiny streaks in light rain. The originals lasted 6 years. I bought replacement blades four years ago at the dealership, so they were handy. R&R was stupid simple and quick.

I've been so busy since we built our new home in 2015, that I haven't much time for forums. So, hello to all of the POP Crew here. Black Betty runs just like she did when we drove it off the lot in March of 2013. The 2017 Fit we bought last August as a company executive car runs like new also, but it's only got 16K miles on it.

It's raining all day here, so I'm going to try to fix a relative's old PC. Going back in time to XP. Best wishes to all.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,104 Posts
Glad to see you dropping in, Jamis, and that all is well.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
What's up guys. Sorry I'm not on much anymore. I'm doing well... fully adjusted to the divorced life and the GTI has had zero issues after a year.

Hope everyone is well!
That's good to hear on both fronts.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Hey guys. Been forever, coming back to say hi. Gonna rub Roadcourse the wrong way, but thank you Mr. Trump's trade policy for nailing my job, been out of work for 3 months now. Been applying for jobs since then but the market is being very picky or expecting 60% cuts in pay (...no joke...).

One company wanted a CFD expert, project manager, modeling guru, business-focused engineer for $50k/year with 10+ years of industry experience. A good CFD guy goes for $150k/year with that level of experience and he's not necessarily gonna hit all the other things they were looking for. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations but as a rookie leaving college with zero experience, I was making $60k/year in 2007 and as a burger flipper at McD's here, you're gonna make $35k/year thanks to the minimum wage...

Oh well. How you all doing?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hey guys. Been forever, coming back to say hi. Gonna rub Roadcourse the wrong way, but thank you Mr. Trump's trade policy for nailing my job, been out of work for 3 months now. Been applying for jobs since then but the market is being very picky or expecting 60% cuts in pay (...no joke...).

One company wanted a CFD expert, project manager, modeling guru, business-focused engineer for $50k/year with 10+ years of industry experience. A good CFD guy goes for $150k/year with that level of experience and he's not necessarily gonna hit all the other things they were looking for. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations but as a rookie leaving college with zero experience, I was making $60k/year in 2007 and as a burger flipper at McD's here, you're gonna make $35k/year thanks to the minimum wage...

That sucks man. I thought this was a great time to be looking for a job.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

Good luck in your search. Hopefully something decent comes your way soon!

Being recently divorced, I'm watching my budget very carefully. I make an excellent salary and it's still hard to save. My only real "luxury" is my GTI.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts

Doesn't rub me the wrong way. I can't name a politician I like. Sorry to hear your issue.

If you're willing to move (I damned sure would be) there aren't enough people for engineering and technical jobs where I live. PM me if you want to know more about here and other places like that.

This economy won't be replicated for a LONG time. Get it while it's here.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
what's a CFD expert?

i'm a project manager and i quit looking as i found there were looking for similar people that foo is running into. money ain't great where i work but the benefits are second to none. i've earned 30 days a year of PTO time...and i take about 40 days when it's all said and done. leave early for this...come in late because of this. work from home because ..... well, just because.

they don't care as long as i get my work done. i was gone at a volleyball tournament, out of town. i answered a few emails from my phone...they considered that work, so didn't count PTO against me. cant' get that elsewhere.

·
Registered
28 Posts
so, just returned from Honda...getting symbol 7 service work done. according to print out they gave me on 12/26, i was to get my brake fluid exchanged, a tire rotation & balance as well as a 4 wheel computer alignment. all for $89.95. when i showed up this morning to drop it off, they were like, ok, a brake fluid exchange. be about an hour. are you waiting for it? i said, wait, my paperwork you gave me last time says ....(see above for what work to be done). whoops, someone made an error while inputting the work into the computer. symbol 7 is supposed to read: EITHER brake fluid exchange OR the rotate & balance and alignment, not both. they said they would honor it since they sent it to me twice. what a deal!

next week, CVT fluid needs changed, and they are wanting $89.95 for that, but i have their 10% off coupon, so, $80.00 for it. and i think the last time i did the fluid, it cost me nearly $50 in fluid and crush washers. also, supposed to get 6 more inches of the white powder this weekend...so they can do it.
Good score.
About a month ago, my dealer quoted me $180 on the CVT fluid change.
I bought the CVT fluid and plan on DIY soon.
I haven't asked about the brake fluid change yet.
No coupons for either, except 10% off any service.

16241 - 16260 of 16277 Posts