9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the forums so I'm looking into buying this civic SI from this guy off Craigslist it has 35k miles checked the carfax just now and yes it's a restored salvage but that's not what I'm worried about. I don't know much about the platform but I wanted to know if any of you guys can distinguish if this SI is fake or not I mean for starters it doesn't have the Vtec sticker on the side nor does it have the rims that all other Si's that year came with. But the guy gave me the VIN# and supposedly when it's a real civic SI it should either have FB6 or FG4 and the vin that he gave me has FG4 in it here's the link to the listing so you guys can see it. I could really appreciate the help. Cuase I need to make sure that I don't get screwed over.

Civic si 2013

·
Registered
411 Posts
I would call Honda and have them run the VIN

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Also, I don't see any under hood shots. Does it have a k24z7? Those wheels are definitely from a base model. Interior looks si though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
My first thought was fake. The wheels aren't si, its missing the Ivtec stickers and si badges. However the interior looks si and it has a six speed knob. Need to get a engine shot or have honda run the vin. Salvage title tho, wonder how much damage was done.

Edit: it does have the si badge in the rear.

·
Registered
260 Posts
looks si, carbon trim on dash, steering wheel, seats etc etc.
however all these items can be easily changed. i agree with everyone above, more pics required or a vin run.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, I don't see any under hood shots. Does it have a k24z7? Those wheels are definitely from a base model. Interior looks si though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yeah he just sent me a picnof the engine bay I'm guessing this is the k24z7 right?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My first thought was fake. The wheels aren't si, its missing the Ivtec stickers and si badges. However the interior looks si and it has a six speed knob. Need to get a engine shot or have honda run the vin. Salvage title tho, wonder how much damage was done.

Edit: it does have the si badge in the rear.
Here's the engine shot that he just sent me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
That's a hard 35k miles my man. Why is it salvage title?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Miles aren't everything. My car at 100k miles is in infinitely better shape than that thing. I'd strongly advise you to consider a well maintained, clean title car with higher miles.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think finding out what the cars history is important. The different color trunk leads me to believe it's a wreck, but doesn't explain the black roof and hood, nor the white painted bumper. I'd definitely try getting a mechanic to put it on a lift and look it over, and test drive it if I was interested.
If you can pay cash for it, it's not dangerous to drive it, and it seems it would drive for 5 years or so without alot of repairs, why not?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
It was a rear end accident at least that's what it says on the carfax. But the guy said it didn't touch frame.
Man you won't know till you drive it. I'm sure there is a guide on what to look for in a salvage car online somewhere. If it everything checks out i'd say you have a low mileage SI for cheap that will give you your monies worth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts