9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a new one for us here at kphonix and we like taking on something different.
the new 9th gen SI civic is the new platform from honda with a completely redesigned k series motor.starting with bigger displacement,intake and exhaust flow pattern,cam profiling etc.so we had a customer come to us to use something off the familiar 8th gen civics.The famous RBC manifold,probably the best honda factory intake manifold you can have.its proven itself time and time again from all motor cars to 800+hp cars.so we were excited that someone found a way to use that manifold for the new 9th gen.which is a night and day difference from the two piece plastic manifold the 9th gen civics come with.since its our first time doing it and to our knowledge one of the few that has actually done it down here,we want to get it done right.fitting this RBC into the 9th gen civics is a little more then just cutting it like you would for the k20a2 motors for example.you need to run 8th gen civic injectors,weld and port to match the coolant passages on the head and so forth,re-run vacuum lines/extend wires etc.this is step by step what we did to fit the RBC into the new 9th gen civic.

started off by putting the car on the dyno,made 189whp on std and 185whp on sae...not bad for a bone stock SI:

see its STOCK:

first thing first,match the RBC "peanut" coolant port to the 9th gen circular cool port:

this should prevent coolant from leaking:

customer also upgraded the throttle body to the j37,so we threw in a port match job to flow as efficient as possible:

swapped the injectors from the 8th gen civic on the 9th and redue the vacuum lines,this is how it should of came from factory:

next was to run the intake,we wanted to run CAI with a veloctiy stack.thing is we tried to find the best possible way with the customers budget and practicality of the setup.without relocating the battery and these cars now are full of sensors and computers we didnt want to jeopardize the functionality of the car:

welded the flange for the airflow sensor,this little guy is pretty important:

final outcome:

car came out great and the customer was satisfied,we even gave his car a wash when we gave it back to him.car needs to be tuned,from the RBC/bigger TB and porting this k series is sucking in alot of air and it doesn't really help now that these new k's have a downpipe exhaust pipe.customer has future plans for the car,such as flash pro,new skunk2 downpipe that we will provide and other little things.car will go back on the dyno as soon as these upgrades are met to see the gains of the car, so stay tuned.

@Jdm_Certified

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Very good, thorough explained write up. Good job

sent from an artificial intelligence device that eats fruit for breakfast.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Good write up, but a little late since we already have 2 of these write ups lol all in all though looks like y'all did a really good job.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Reactions: Savior

·
Registered
251 Posts
$480 is a great price! I had almost $400 in the manifold/zdx, alone. Not to mention my time, a $45 bit that I had to pick up for the porting.... plus time.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Where are you guys located I want this all done I got an exhaust and cold air intake more soon but want this whole rbc craze done cash money in hand close to Baltimore? So 480 includes rbc manifold?

Sent from my HTC One X using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where are you guys located I want this all done I got an exhaust and cold air intake more soon but want this whole rbc craze done cash money in hand close to Baltimore? So 480 includes rbc manifold?

they are in miami, fl. i can vouch for their work.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts

does that include zdx throttle body and 8th gen injectors?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts