9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some how I cracked mine the other day, and instead of ordering an OE one was looking around and couldn't find anything. So does anyone make any or have one in the works? Carbon fiber or aluminum, just something to get rid of the ugly plastic one

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
I can't say that I've ever heard of anyone mentioning the cooling plate here with the exception of one sedan guy. There are a few members who fabricate stuff or have access to non-North American parts that might be able to help.

sent from my mobile communications device

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
What's the cooling plate ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It's the plate sitting atop the radiatiator support
Helps keep diverted air flowing smoothly into the radiator.
Password jdm sells em for s2k civic Integra,but reason is those never came with it from the factory.
Once Companies found out this helps ,they started implementing in cars from the factory.
To the OP I don't think anyone makes aftermarket units.I've yet to see em.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
It's the plate sitting atop the radiatiator support
Helps keep diverted air flowing smoothly into the radiator.
Password jdm sells em for s2k civic Integra,but reason is those never came with it from the factory.
Once Companies found out this helps ,they started implementing in cars from the factory.
To the OP I don't think anyone makes aftermarket units.I've yet to see em.

:iagree: haven't seen it for our 9th gens as of yet too.

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
Wasn't there someone who made skid plates? While not a cooling plate, that member might be a good start to contact.

sent from my mobile communications device

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,521 Posts
Wow, two threads about cooling plates in one day. During the past 3 years, NUTTIN'!

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Password JDM just started making them.
I had a Password CF cooling plate in my 8th sedan and it was nice.My 9th EX coupe really doesn't have anything that functional to replace so I'm probably out of luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What is official part number of this item? I just want oem plastic cooling plate. Mine is not there. I don't know for how long this item is not there, since beginning or when did it lose. A mechanic noticed it just a couple of days back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts