9th Gen Civic Forum banner
181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Been awhile since ive done anything to the car. Just installed some acuity shift cable bushings. Ive been having a weird mushy feel going into gears at times and its becoming more frequently now. Its like shifting through playdough Is the best way i can describe it and an audible sound too. The bushings unfortunately didnt help solve the problem. Has anyone else had this issue? Im thinking its the cables themselves. Ive also got a sirimoto krispy shift kit installed for the shorter throw and solid base bushings. I checked the base bushings and they are all tight and nothing is moving around when i shift.

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
When I did my build, I took a video of shift pattern at the transmission in case I want to make 2 stage boost setup. YouTube'd for another person's shifting issues. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s9OeWaQ3yEU
May be able to compare to yours, as my shifter is stock and perfect.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I apologise for not talking clearly. It wasn't meant for anyone else to see, and dad life in the background. My linkage is still fairly easy to record if it will help.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Been forever since ive posted. I did finally get my shifter situated it was the cables. Replaced with new oem and now the car feels perfect again and the throw feels even shorter than before now too

·
Registered
132 Posts
Been forever since ive posted. I did finally get my shifter situated it was the cables. Replaced with new oem and now the car feels perfect again and the throw feels even shorter than before now too
Why didnt you upgrade? I heard there are better aftermarket cables available.

I believe when you install a short shift kit,it places undue strain on the cables, and aftermarket solutions are better suited for this.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Why didnt you upgrade? I heard there are better aftermarket cables available.

I believe when you install a short shift kit,it places undue strain on the cables, and aftermarket solutions are better suited for this.
finances really. Hybrid racing $380 vs oem through my work $130

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Well finally got some work done on Little Red, got more to do but just need the time to do it. Upgraded to the hybrid racing cables, running the buddy club shifter assembly with the sirimoto base bushings and then the acuity POCO knob. I love the new setup, feels vastly different compared to the other setup

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
What are your thoughts on the buddy club shifter vs sirimoto?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
What are your thoughts on the buddy club shifter vs sirimoto?
Well to be fair to the sirimoto adapter i did the cables and knob at the same time as the buddy club so no fair comparison but i an definitely liking this new setup. The feel of this set up compared to the sirimoto with acuity cable bushings is apples to oranges really. I known people were complaining about the buddy club in the past but i haven’t experienced anything negative so far.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Well its been a long and great road but the car is sadly totaled and gone and also sadly wasnt able to get the flashpro unlocked from the car so now thats a paperweight

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Well its been a long and great road but the car is sadly totaled and gone and also sadly wasnt able to get the flashpro unlocked from the car so now thats a paperweight
Bigger and better things, have you found a replacement?

181 - 200 of 205 Posts