9th Gen Civic Forum banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yeah same i had a gsr and everything was so easily accessible. And really numbers seem to fluctuate but if i can get another 10whp and 6wtq up top id be happy. Yeah the previous owner ragged on it, bad wheel bearings, clutch was slipping had a couple oil leaks so they sent it to auction. Just goes to show cosmetically the car was great but mechanically it was crap
When you getting that bad boy tuned?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Yeah same i had a gsr and everything was so easily accessible. And really numbers seem to fluctuate but if i can get another 10whp and 6wtq up top id be happy. Yeah the previous owner ragged on it, bad wheel bearings, clutch was slipping had a couple oil leaks so they sent it to auction. Just goes to show cosmetically the car was great but mechanically it was crap
When you getting that bad boy tuned?
I have to wait till next monday 😞 so driving a friends car cause my tuner recommended me not to drive my car with the 550cc injectors and current tune

·
Registered
66 Posts
Following. Ive read so many conflicting things this past month about the RBC not being needed on a set up with mild bolt-ons. Be interesting to see your numbers and power curve.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Following. Ive read so many conflicting things this past month about the RBC not being needed on a set up with mild bolt-ons. Be interesting to see your numbers and power curve.
All dynos are different but will see what it does at the track after its tuned. Ive seen people gain 1-2mph in trap speed so will see

·
Registered
96 Posts
I see, I cant wait too see the numbers after tuned

Thanks for the update on the accord, I knew it was too good to be true

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
I see, I cant wait too see the numbers after tuned

Thanks for the update on the accord, I knew it was too good to be true
It goes in tomorrow for the tune and yeah i had a feeling too but you never know lol car went straight to wholesale

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Car made 212whp not too bad being over 90 degrees out and over 70% humidity. Ill have a graph tonight when he emails it to me. I know on a cooler day like 70s and low humidity it be around 215whp

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Car made 212whp not too bad being over 90 degrees out and over 70% humidity. Ill have a graph tonight when he emails it to me. I know on a cooler day like 70s and low humidity it be around 215whp
How does it drive?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
How does it drive?
I pick it up in the morning. Was at work when he finished tuning

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Ok so here are my thoughts and opinions for the rbc swap. Low to mid range power feels strong as it did before the manifold. I honestly feel no difference and surely feel no less power while driving around town. The top end is a dream the car definitely has a stronger pull and im actually making more torque than i was too in the top end. Peak torque actually comes in earlier too than before right around 4700rpm where as before it was 5500 rpm but the rbc seems to hold it better throughout the top end. Before by redline i was at 140wtq now im just shy of 150wtq. In the new graph you can see the slight dip in the 2k rpm range but this in everyday driving is not even noticeable at least to me lol my butt dyno says its fine lol the sound that comes from the engine now especially induction and vtec is much more pro dominate now it really screams when youre going through the gears. My smiles per miles has increased greatly lol honestly before when doing pulls it would feel like it was running out of steam by 7500 rpm since i made max power at 7200 but now it doesnt feel that way at all. My vtec engagement is set lower too before it was at 4k rpm bot its at 3.5k and that seemed to have gave me a much smoother and better powerband through the crossover. Its only been a few hours but so far im very very happy with this setup

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #178

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok so here are my thoughts and opinions for the rbc swap. Low to mid range power feels strong as it did before the manifold. I honestly feel no difference and surely feel no less power while driving around town. The top end is a dream the car definitely has a stronger pull and im actually making more torque than i was too in the top end. Peak torque actually comes in earlier too than before right around 4700rpm where as before it was 5500 rpm but the rbc seems to hold it better throughout the top end. Before by redline i was at 140wtq now im just shy of 150wtq. In the new graph you can see the slight dip in the 2k rpm range but this in everyday driving is not even noticeable at least to me lol my butt dyno says its fine lol the sound that comes from the engine now especially induction and vtec is much more pro dominate now it really screams when youre going through the gears. My smiles per miles has increased greatly lol honestly before when doing pulls it would feel like it was running out of steam by 7500 rpm since i made max power at 7200 but now it doesnt feel that way at all. My vtec engagement is set lower too before it was at 4k rpm bot its at 3.5k and that seemed to have gave me a much smoother and better powerband through the crossover. Its only been a few hours but so far im very very happy with this setup
Right on!! Sounds like is was worth while for you then.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Right on!! Sounds like is was worth while for you then.
I just cant get enough of driving it right now lol

161 - 180 of 187 Posts