9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simply put my a/c is always on, i turn the a/c off in the car and even turn off the fan and cold air still comes out. If i physically look at the compressor the clutch is always engaged and doesn’t disengage. Now if i disconnect the connection which is located on the alternator(which leads to the compressor) the clutch disengages. I’m sort of baffled by this as i think it could be an electrical issue or a sensor is telling the compressor to always be on. Anyway any suggestions would be useful. Thank you!

·
Registered
92 Posts
100% engaged all the time or cycling? Because if you’re blowing air through the windshield vents - defogger, AC compressor turns on even if AC is off, to remove moisture. If it never ever disengages, maybe voltage is back-feeding to the connector. Do you have any mods? Bad ground connection, or a short to chassis can cause this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In terms of “mods” i have a subwoofer system, which now that you mention it does a weird feedback when i turn the car off. Ex: i park handbrake etc push button to turn off car and the sub goes brrrrrrrrr for 1.5 seconds I’d say and then turns off. However if i have my drl or my low beams the Brrrrrrrr is constant until i switch the headlights off, and if that happens the car beeps at me like as if the key was in the ignition or door open with headlights on (but they’re off) so i have to put my car in accessories then “run” without turning on the car (its a manual) then press the button again to turn off the car generally and then hop out. Anyway I’m explaining all this hoping someone is like OH YEAH thats this thing or that. Anyway thank you onlyhuman for the response! Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think what you are describing IS your problem. None of that should be happening. I had gotten rear-ended and when they repaired the car, they forgot to attach the ground lug with like 15 ground wires conjoining under the carpeting; when I would hit the brakes during normal driving, the rear view camera would turn on. So would all the rear lights, not just brake.

Check the subwoofer installation. There is either a bad ground connection (paint wasn't scratched off at the ground connection for good chassis connection) or, there is a strand of wire shorting 12V to ground in the installation.

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Well as mentioned if it's in defrost mode then it's usually always on.
If not then where was the remote for the amp pulled from?
To easily see if the "system" is the problem remove fuse. And remove remote from the "system" if it still does it then it's a short in the engine bay. If it goes away,find a better installer.
This usually is a problem when someone adds a "system" to an accessory fuse rather than do the remote turn on from the radio with a pass link or a remote turn on sensor from pac or metra or something of that sort.
Have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts