9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2012 Civic, fulfilling the desires of my wife who works for an Oil and Gas company. It's the perfect fit for her drive, she commutes about 10 miles and there is a Clean Energy fueling station on the commute and another fueling location about 5 minutes North of us.

Sure, it doesn't have the get up and go that the Chrysler Crossfire had but it has a back seat for the new grandchild AND it's CNG.

Welcome any tips and tricks as we get this all figured out!

John

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Welcome

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics? Too busy driving it to take pics!

CNG is cleaner and cheaper than regular gas but limited in terms of fueling locations. As for the cheaper part, it seems about 40% less per gallon, mileage is virtually the same. You give up some trunk space for the tank but the previous car had next to nothing for a trunk anyway. The car this replaces never went more than 50 miles from home - just the to work and back car for the wife. The thing that sealed the deal for us is the $3000 gas card, that will give her fuel for the next few years. Pretty sweet.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
CNG sounds pretty sweet!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I really like where Honda is going with these,they look great and are great for te environment, congrats on the great purchase.Please keep us updated on how she likes it and/or any issues you may encounter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Pics? Too busy driving it to take pics!

CNG is cleaner and cheaper than regular gas but limited in terms of fueling locations. As for the cheaper part, it seems about 40% less per gallon, mileage is virtually the same. You give up some trunk space for the tank but the previous car had next to nothing for a trunk anyway. The car this replaces never went more than 50 miles from home - just the to work and back car for the wife. The thing that sealed the deal for us is the $3000 gas card, that will give her fuel for the next few years. Pretty sweet.
great incentive with the gas card!!!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,489 Posts
Except for the filling station issue, it sounds like a win-win all around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts