9th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What do you means guys when you are talking about "idle learn" I'll purchase zdx tb soon, dont want any problem... After zdx installed , idle learn is it needed or not..? Because my plan is to get all my parts ( cai,zdx tb,dp,cat back, flash pro) install it by myself on a saturday and get it tune monday morning! So a guy from honda tell you that if you had your zdx tb before the tune, it will run properly at idle without messing with the allen key screw ? Or have to do a " idle learn " im still wondering if its gonna do a noticable difference with the bigger tb ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The guy from Honda is an idiot. Just follow the steps I posted and it will completely solve the issue. It will take a day or two for the car to relearn idle and completely go back to normal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The guy from Honda is an idiot. Just follow the steps I posted and it will completely solve the issue. It will take a day or two for the car to relearn idle and completely go back to normal.

Ok the ecu will adjust by itself ... Good news , sometime I miss my old EG with B Series! Less electronic and nice power :) TONS of part are available :( i cant belive honda did that with the k24z7 ... They changed the design... No other k serie are compatible.... Wondering if part will be plenty available in a few years... Like other K or B Series... Hope so!!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok the ecu will adjust by itself ... Good news , sometime I miss my old EG with B Series! Less electronic and nice power :) TONS of part are available :( i cant belive honda did that with the k24z7 ... They changed the design... No other k serie are compatible.... Wondering if part will be plenty available in a few years... Like other K or B Series... Hope so!!

Yup, it's not like it used to be. Nowadays forced induction is what really makes sense.
I'm honestly thinking about trading in for a 2014 Honda Accord Coupe V6.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yup, it's not like it used to be. Nowadays forced induction is what really makes sense.
I'm honestly thinking about trading in for a 2014 Honda Accord Coupe V6.

They are nice but i read somewhere that they are SOHC -_- .... With your full bolt on and tuned , did you see a huge difference... Or it was nice for a week and after that you didnt feel the difference... ? Im asking alot of question , i know but damn its about 3500$ full bolt on and tune! I want power lol... With your setup , what kinds of car can you smoke? The 2014 genesis 2.0 t , with 275 hp still much faster you think or not..
At least , it should be like a jdm k20a type r stock..

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
They are nice but i read somewhere that they are SOHC -_- .... With your full bolt on and tuned , did you see a huge difference... Or it was nice for a week and after that you didnt feel the difference... ? I asking alot if question , i know but damn its about 3500$ full bolt on and tune! I want power lol... With your setup , what kinds of car can you smoke? The 2014 genesis 2.0 t , with 275 hp still much faster you thing or not..

I'm on 350Z, 06+ G35, Accord Coupe V6, Genesis Coupe 3.8(before DI-306hp one), Integra Full bolt on with tune territory. I can either beat or at least stay side by side with all those cars^

Ofc if you suck at driving, then I don't know what to tell you lol

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The cars I'm able to beat and stay with tell me I should be able to run a high 13 second 1/4

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm on 350Z, 06+ G35, Accord Coupe V6, Genesis Coupe 3.8(before DI-306hp one), Integra Full bolt on with tune territory. I can either beat or at least stay side by side with all those cars^

Ofc if you suck at driving, then I don't know what to tell you lol

I will be very happy with a car running 14's low!! I guest our k24z7 bolt on and tune will react like a k20a type r stock...What do you mean with the genesis 3.8 : before DI-306hp ? The before di-306 hp that I dont understand ... I know they were 306hp in 2010 and now they are like 350... One of my friend just got the 306hp version! I 'll so happy to be side by side with him lol he will be pist haha ... Just a little 4 cylinder :)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I will be very happy with a car running 14's low!! I guest our k24z7 bolt on and tune will react like a k20a type r stock...What do you mean with the genesis 3.8 : before DI-306hp ? The before di-306 hp that I dont understand ... I know they were 306hp in 2010 and now they are like 350... One of my friend just got the 306hp version! I 'll so happy to be side by side with him lol he will be pist haha ... Just a little 4 cylinder :)

The 2010-2012 ones. They didn't have direct injection and only put out 306hp. My brother had one of those. They're sluggish off the line and the 306hp is a lie. More like 280

·
Registered
118 Posts
The 2010-2012 ones. They didn't have direct injection and only put out 306hp. My brother had one of those. They're sluggish off the line and the 306hp is a lie. More like 280

Sluggish off the line .. What's that mean ? Im learning my english lol im living Canada, Quebec, french is my primary language... I can tell you that my friend show me what his 3.8l had and it was not so impressive for 300 hp ... Damn it was more like 250hp and pass 4000 rpm... Nothing happen lol

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Sluggish off the line .. What's that mean ? Im learning my english lol im living Canada, Quebec, french is my primary language... I can tell you that my friend show me what his 3.8l had and it was not so impressive for 300 hp ... Damn it was more like 250hp and pass 4000 rpm... Nothing happen lol

Lol it's all good man!
When they take off, it feels like you're waiting for the power to arrive rather then getting hit with instant torque.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
I just installed a ZDX TB as well. Exact same thing happened with first startup. Normal high idle, then randomly started moving up and down.

I did did the idle relearn, then tried to drive. Everything was normal for a couple minutes, then I lost control of the throttle. Pedal even all the way to the floor only gave me ~ 15% throttle. Lol.. Inched my way home very slowly and shut it down.

Any ideas? Try to do relearn again? Need to disconnect the battery?

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Ok, so I've gotten the TB to exactly 1400 steady unplugged, but then when I turn the car off and plug back in, it fluctuates again when started back up.

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Proper idle relearn is in this thread, towards the end.
I also believe best results were achieved by warming engine up then doing re-learn procedure. Before it cooled down. This is a common Honda issue with relearning when the engine is cold, engine idling high when cold at the beginning "boogers" relearn up.

Maybe Colint can chime in hear?

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
So if my engine is pretty much stock aside from a fr exhaust, my car idles at 1500 when warming up from a cold start, is there something wrong? I have fp and flashed my car but I don't know has it done my car any good or made it worse.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Proper idle relearn is in this thread, towards the end.
I also believe best results were achieved by warming engine up then doing re-learn procedure. Before it cooled down. This is a common Honda issue with relearning when the engine is cold, engine idling high when cold at the beginning "boogers" relearn up.
I appreciate that! I haven't read that yet. I think I may have gotten it semi-figured out.

I've got the ZDX TB allen screw set at the perfect spot. With the car running when I pull the wire harness, it maintains exactly 1,400 RPM and does not waver. Last time I turned the car off and plugged the harness back in, I restarted the car and the idle bumped up and down twice and dropped to 850 RPM(what I set for it with Flashpro). I let it sit at steady idle for 20 minutes. I read about this on an 8thGenCivic thread. This seems to have made a difference. I then drove a short 8-10min drive.

What I noticed was that when I put the car in neutral approaching a stop sign, idle bounces around a couple times until I come to a complete stop. Then the idle goes back to normal.

So far I believe the car is driveable, but I'm not sure if the RPMs are trying to bounce around while in gear and driving. The throttle seems sensitive still when trying to maintain speed while in gear with the gas pedal. I get more bucking when trying to hold a steady speed in gear.

I've read that after around 30 miles or so of driving, the idle and overall driving improves (as the new TB is learned).

These issues are exactly why I wanted to get the ZDX installed way previous to CTE supercharger install. I want to work out the kinks in the TB before I have more variables to think about. My theory is, get the TB, intake, DP, and exhaust kinks worked out before having a whole slew of other issues come up with the CTE install.

Next up will be install my Full Race catted DP and exhaust, then retune with Vit. Then I plan to do CTE and retune late this year or early next year.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Alright, 9th gen fam. I really need some help with this. I returned the ZDX TB to PRL, and they reluctantly sent me a new one. After talking on the phone and via email, they believe that the first ZDX TB was damaged or something. They say they rarely see the hunting idle thing come up.

I installed the new (2nd) ZDX TB last night, got everything torqued down to spec (TB bolts are 16 ft/lbs BTW), fired it up and had the SAME FREAKING ISSUE...

At this point I'm thinking there is something wrong with the PRL stock IM to ZDX adapter, or the paper gasket that goes between the TB and adapter. I've included tons of pics, and maybe you guys can help me think this thing through.

First, here's the intake manifold, with some sort of rubber gasket built in.

Auto part Engine Automotive exhaust Vehicle Exhaust system

Next goes the adapter. There's no way to install it incorrectly, it has peg-wholes that fit only one way.

Auto part Engine Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Fuel line

Next the paper gasket.

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Carburetor Vehicle Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Car

There are 4 ways the gasket can be installed. By flipping it over or turning it around.

Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor <<<<< #4 seems to be correct.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
I'm a bit concerned about these 2 holes in the ZDX TB that the stock one doesn't have. It doesn't make sense to me why they are there. One gets covered by the gasket, and the other appears to not get covered at all.

Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor <<<<< Circled in blue

I acknowledge that I may just need a new paper gasket, but the one I have seems to be in decent shape.

I have yet to try the idle relearn procedure or adjust the idle screw, because other 9th genners say they just install the TB and it functions perfectly from the get-go. Even after attempting idle relearn and adjusting the idle screw, I never got the previous ZDX TB to work right.

Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts