9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have the LX auto and it seems like everytime I ease out of a corner from a stop and then get on it, the car is already in second. This can be very aggravating and I am wondering if it is something wrong in the computer. Does anyone else experience this?????

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Turn off the Eco button.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Haha then come to a complete stop at turnsLOL. Well just push the accelerator hard enough to activate the trans kick down and you won't have the problem anyway unless your transmission is not kicking down a gear under heavy load.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Or trade in for a manual.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I come to a complete stop, pull out easy and quickly goes to second. In order for it to kick down i have to give it near 3/4 throttle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Nope, take it in the first shift point must be bad... Low or almost non-existent.
I have an Si and I also have a 2012 Ex sedan. I have never experienced the issue you were talking about and I have put many miles on the ex before getting the Si

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i pulled the battery and let it sit for eight hours thinking it would reset the computer but that didn't change anything.

Checked the transmission fluid level.

No check engine lights.

With that shift point possibly being gone/bad does that mean the transmission is bad?

On a side note i have a feeling because i look young they are going to try and screw with me.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Well you can also get a separate opinion from a transmission shop usually for free and then go to Honda tell them to drive it see what they say and then tell them what you learned from a transmission shop.
That could be a good route to go?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Honda people are trained to ignore your opinion...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I find this to be especially annoying on the Si. The first gear is a "hill/traffic gear", I've come to realize. I suppose all Honda's are like this...

When driving, it feels like I'm working out - all of the shifting I am doing. But a solution to this for me is to take off in second gear. :)

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's normal. My Civic does this all the time and I thought it was a problem too but it turns out all 9th gen non-SI Civics with the Automatic transmission are like this. They tend to shift at 9-10 MPH for the first gear shift. I find it very annoying too.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
It's just trying to save gas! My dad's Fusion auto does the same!

You can floor it from a stop, goes from first to second to third, if you ease off just a little, it'll jump from 3rd to 6th as fast as it can to save gas. The continue acclerating, you need to floor it again. It's stupidly hard to drive and extremely agrevating!!! Makes me not ever want to get a auto car again! Also, at highway speed (60ph+) the car cruises in 6th, but when its time to give it some gas, it struggles for a good 3 to 4 seconds in 6th's realises that the engine is a total POS, then lowers into 5th, you can then watch the vehicle accelerate slowly... 61... 62.... 63.......63..... common 64.... still at 63.... finally 64!!!

It's miserable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you just drive around all the time flooring it it's not too bad, but it's annoying to have to floor it just when your trying to park the car! Otherwise it rolls around in 3rd or 4th! Just kills me!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's just trying to save gas! My dad's Fusion auto does the same!

You can floor it from a stop, goes from first to second to third, if you ease off just a little, it'll jump from 3rd to 6th as fast as it can to save gas. The continue acclerating, you need to floor it again. It's stupidly hard to drive and extremely agrevating!!! Makes me not ever want to get a auto car again! Also, at highway speed (60ph+) the car cruises in 6th, but when its time to give it some gas, it struggles for a good 3 to 4 seconds in 6th's realises that the engine is a total POS, then lowers into 5th, you can then watch the vehicle accelerate slowly... 61... 62.... 63.......63..... common 64.... still at 63.... finally 64!!!

It's miserable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you just drive around all the time flooring it it's not too bad, but it's annoying to have to floor it just when your trying to park the car! Otherwise it rolls around in 3rd or 4th! Just kills me!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
lol yeah I think a lot of new cars are like this. The transmissions are really programmed for fuel economy trying always to reach the top gear as quickly as possible and they tend to hesitate to downshift since you really have to give them gas to make them do it.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts