9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called the dealership to ask about a noise that I hear after I put the car into drive and slowly start moving forward - sounds like something electronic and it only lasts for 2 seconds then goes away. Only happens after I start the car and put into drive and slowly move forward. Dealership said it could be the ABS Modulator initial start up? I made an appt. for them to check it out just to make sure whatever part is making this noise is not failing. Anyone else hear this noise?

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Describe this electronic type noise.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
And here I was thinking Techno Muzik!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hard to describe, it's the ABS pump, all my Honda's have done the same thing. It's like a little hum that last for a second or two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my abs modulator changed by the dealer, but the sound is still there only a little quieter. Only happens once when you start the car the pull away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my ABS Modulator changed by the dealer and the noise is still there but a little quieter. It only happens once and goes away when driving. You only hear it when starting the engine from park and slowly start moving forward, like what pickyowner said. What else can be causing that noise?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey i know it a couple years later but i have the same problem, first i was getting the first gear clutch noise- they fixed this by installing a brand new clutch kit. The first gear clutch noise was a damaged spring in the clutch disk and the throwout bearing. This was replaced and clutch is fine. Now i get the 2 secound buzz noise only when i start and restart the ingnition/engine and takeoff for the first time. I dont get a check engine light nor abs light on my dash. The dealer says its the abs modulator but i dont need to change it, it is not normal but it is something i have to live with. Even if they change the modulater which cost 1300$ if might do the same. I will just have to live with this. O well, if somebody got it permanently fixed please let me know

Civic Si sedan 2012

1 - 13 of 13 Posts