9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ac has given me problems after I got into a wreck late last year just now started to try to get my ac to work because I didn't need it during the winter. Took it into a shop last week they told me it was overcharged and recharged it to the pressure it was supposed to be but the low side was still reading at 50 psi supposed to be around 30 so they told me the compressor could be bad. After the wreck they had replaced the compressor but it never really worked right. I drove for 4 days with ac somewhat working just not super cold then day before yesterday I was driving home and ac started to blow hot and had a burning smell coming through vents. I got home and heard my car making almost like a grinding noise even with the ac off. Could this noise be the ac compressor seizing up? I even got the smell the day after driving without the ac on but sound seems to be coming from the area around the alternator and ac compressor are any thoughts of what it could be and I figure I shouldn't drive untill I get it fixed right?

I'm off from work on Wednesday so trying to get an idea of how to go about getting this fixed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts