9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be adding a 2016 Accord Sport to the GM garage.And I'll of course be keeping my SI.I was gonna boost my SI but used that cash to put down on the Accord. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1446386924.112631.jpg Its really Mrs GMs but still under my watch.
Supposed to pick it up Monday.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rounded up it was 26k.It has the CVT with sport mode that's actually fun to drive.Of course no burnouts will ever occur.I also still have my 14 CRV that I'll drive in the winter since its AWD.Mrs GM really likes it so that a good thing.My baby will take it easy and driven for fun.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Not bad! Congrats on the new ride. Keep us posted on how you like it over time. I'm all over the place right now as to what I'm going to do after my lease is up. I'm considering buying my Civic after the lease, getting and Accord, or maybe a Tacoma. I probably won't go for the truck because Im a cheap bastard haha.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,208 Posts
Congrats on the new car!

Btw, when I read 'GM garage,' this is the first thing I thought of:

haha

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was 1st with that user name back 5 years ago on the 8th.But yes I thought the same thing.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I liked the 2015's, but not sure about those wheels on the 2016. I need to see them in person. On the 2013-15, the Sport could not be had with a sunroof. Under any circumstances. Is that still true??

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
True. Sports do not come with a sunroof. Or moonroof. Or any other stock opening in the roof.
Yeah, that's a real turn-off. A Sport V6 manual with sun roof (moon roof, whatever) would be a valid mid-size competitor to the Civic Si for those needing a bigger car... Doesn't make sense as currently available.

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Yeah, that's a real turn-off. A Sport V6 manual with sun roof (moon roof, whatever) would be a valid mid-size competitor to the Civic Si for those needing a bigger car... Doesn't make sense as currently available.
Eh...
Who cares about the moon / sunroof.
No sunroof / moonroof means: Lower weight. Lower center of gravity. More headroom. More money to spend on chasis, suspension, and drivetrain. Makes sense to me for a Sport model.

If I could have optioned my Si without it I would of.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Nice car. I looked at the accords, but they were alot more expensive than the civics at our local dealer. I like my Civic though, so no regrets. That is a nice car though.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im not a fan of a sunroof.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I love my sunroof! I leased out a new accord sport to a member at the credit union I work at and we had an aftermarket sunroof added. Looked great!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,208 Posts
A sunroof is nice, but the lack of one is far from a dealer breaker for me.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Why not a 2016 Civic?Well I figured the Accords front facia resembles the new Civic and it has my favorite 2.4.If i coulda found a 6mt Ida gone that route but Mrs GM wanted a AT.Probably the 1st mod will be tinted windows and try to black out that humongous chrome grill.

·
Baned
8,533 Posts
Yeah, that front grille reminds me of a Civic Hybrid. My 2015 Sport has less of a huge chrome grille. I love the Sport because it has just enough, yet lacks the blind spot camera, the lane-diversion camera, and the sunroof that higher trims had that I didn't want. I actually went about a month before discovering it had an auxiliary in port. How'd I find that out? I RTFM. And felt dumb for not having noticed it before then.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts