9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I would gladly trade you a sunroof today for a drivers powered seat. Never use it except for tilt occasionally.

Congrats on the new ride. The sports are nice!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
congrats on the new ride gas monk...errr...ghost monkey. sure you will enjoy it as much as your wife does!

however, i'm one of the few that won't buy a car without a sunroof. mine gets opened more than the side windows!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Me neither. Every experience I ever had with one, they leaked. I know they don't ALL leak, but I have yet to see one that didn't.
Was your last sunroof a 1984 model? Modern sunroofs don't leak. Actually, correction, they leak on purpose. The glass has a felt gasket, not rubber, so that water can pass slowly through it and into gutters which redirect the water out to the ground.... they stopped trying to make them not leak. I've had several sunroof cars and none have leaked, not even once.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Have you driven the new sport?
In a 6 speed?
No, but basic physics and power to weight ratio means that the Sport Accord 4cyl cannot have the level of performance of the Si Civic.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1446505052.703497.jpg
It's very nice

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Its almost like the Si of the accords.
Has sportier stuff,and a different motor than the lx and ex 4cyl.
The wheels don't look like driving miss daisy specials,and the new headlights looks bad ass.the chrome I really could absolutely live without. But whatever. I'm waiting to see what the new Si will be ,thinking bout trading the sport in for the new Si.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm digging this car big time.Its so smooth.Its really the smoothest Honda I've ever driven.Now gotta get some Weathertech mats.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Does the 14-15 accord have DI 2.4?They flipped the DI motor 180 degrees so the exhaust manifold if in the front now.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,259 Posts
Was your last sunroof a 1984 model? Modern sunroofs don't leak. Actually, correction, they leak on purpose. The glass has a felt gasket, not rubber, so that water can pass slowly through it and into gutters which redirect the water out to the ground.... they stopped trying to make them not leak. I've had several sunroof cars and none have leaked, not even once.
And the only time they leak, as into the interior, is when the drains get clogged.

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
No, but basic physics and power to weight ratio means that the Sport Accord 4cyl cannot have the level of performance of the Si Civic.
True. The Accord feels like a Japanese tank in comparison to the Si. It's bigger, probably weighs more, and has less stock horsepower. But I still love it. It drive the Sport when I need to show up somewhere wearing my big boy pants because my other car is a riced out lowered turbo Fit. I swear, I'm even ashamed to drive it sometimes, but I've got a really good cover story now: an Asian not-gf. I just say the car is hers and no one thinks twice about the 30+ year old White guy driving it. So the Sport is my adult car.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yea the curb weight is 600 lbs heavier then my SI.But yea the Accord is our big boy car.Ive been driving to my Dads every 3rd weekend for his Chemotherapy and we've been driving to the Hospital in his Buick because my SI is a bit loud for him.This weekend Im going up and I'll drive the Accord so we can all drive in my car.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
D is your Accord tuned?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,259 Posts
I'm digging this car big time.Its so smooth.Its really the smoothest Honda I've ever driven.Now gotta get some Weathertech mats.
I was stunned by how much smoother, quieter, faster, better handling it is than the 8th gen version.

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
D is your Accord tuned?
No, I haven't gotten around to setting up the KTuner I got. I've had it for almost a year and I'm starting to run out of excuses. I'll blame it on KTuner himself for being super-busy because I'm going to make him set it up for me because I are dum. Another reason why I haven't messed with it is because then I'll have to put 91 octane gas in it, and I kind of like being able to save $0.359/gallon by using 87 instead. He has some graphs of just baseline tunes and they're up in the 180s I think which is awesome because it's only a little less than stock.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts