9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Was your last sunroof a 1984 model? Modern sunroofs don't leak. Actually, correction, they leak on purpose. The glass has a felt gasket, not rubber, so that water can pass slowly through it and into gutters which redirect the water out to the ground.... they stopped trying to make them not leak. I've had several sunroof cars and none have leaked, not even once.
My celica leaked, my Ford probe leaked, my wife's focus leaked. Not right away, but they did over time.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Our last sunroof car was a 2005 Toyota Matrix and it never leaked. The only bad thing was the factory visor shade thing (accessory piece), which vibrated, so we removed it. Still never leaked. Car was wrecked 5 times and on a frame machine twice, still no leaks. We had the car 9 years and I know the new owner and no reports of leaks so far.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Was your last sunroof a 1984 model? Modern sunroofs don't leak. Actually, correction, they leak on purpose. The glass has a felt gasket, not rubber, so that water can pass slowly through it and into gutters which redirect the water out to the ground.... they stopped trying to make them not leak. I've had several sunroof cars and none have leaked, not even once.
my 06 RSX' sunroof leaked. Granted Honda's build quality in the early-mid 00s was chrysler poor, with no attention paid to small details like sunroof drain hoses. Maybe the 9ths will be better about it but leaking can still happen. hoses back up, fail etc.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Yea I likes it.

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
The 15-way adjustable driver's seat is great! Be careful of the "chrome" trim inside the passenger cabin. The sun likes to bounce off of it at weird angles and go straight into your eyes.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
This HIC visor was on my SI coupe but kept coming off so it's been just laying around.I figured what the hell I'll see if it'll fit.Fits about the same as on my Civic.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1447618327.877730.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1447618354.528780.jpg

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,259 Posts
Hey, that's pretty cool to know. And it looks good, too! :)

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks!!!

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Sport grill and body side moldings.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1448654717.380579.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1448654736.486745.jpg

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yea the stock grill is uber chrome

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1448666076.792859.jpg

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I hates that dern blasted frozen crap.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Bought a RV6 DP,now just waiting for a tuner to be supported for the 2016 Sport.More on the way:
Rear WT mats today.
OBD2 wifi scan gauge today.
Genuine Honda Sill protectors Monday
AVS Window visors Monday.
JDM Red front emblem?Yes or no?

41 - 60 of 90 Posts