9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
No on the emblem IMO lol. Absolutely on everything else, looks great so far! I'm a fan of this car, I bet it will sing with a tune.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,237 Posts
Bought a RV6 DP,now just waiting for a tuner to be supported for the 2016 Sport.More on the way:
Rear WT mats today.
OBD2 wifi scan gauge today.
Genuine Honda Sill protectors Monday
AVS Window visors Monday.
JDM Red front emblem?Yes or no?
Won't Torque Pro App pretty much do the same as an OBD2 WiFi scan gauge?
Why not OEM window visors?
No on the red JDM emblems.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Pretty much the same as torque pro.It uses the same software images.Doesnt torque pro require a OBD2 plug in transmitter?And does it use Bluetooth or wifi?
Here's one of the dashboards

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1448824907.547543.jpg
I chose the AVS cause they are tape on and don't use brackets that I've used in the past that can tear the moldings on the Windows.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,237 Posts
Pretty much the same as torque pro.It uses the same software images.Doesnt torque pro require a OBD2 plug in transmitter?And does it use Bluetooth or wifi?
Here's one of the dashboards

View attachment 378369
I chose the AVS cause they are tape on and don't use brackets that I've used in the past that can tear the moldings on the Windows.
You can get a Bluetooth OBD2 transmitter for less than $10 bucks on Ebay, I have one plugged into my Civic and one in my wife's car.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
You can get a Bluetooth OBD2 transmitter for less than $10 bucks on Ebay, I have one plugged into my Civic and one in my wife's car.
Oh yea so true but wanted a higher functioning device.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
She got some tint on.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1450897829.928167.jpg

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Resurrecting this a bit.

After thinking about a Honda Fit and seeing how about 95% of them are made in Mexico and have had many known issues with fit (no pun intended) and finish, I am leaning more towards a 9th gen accord now. Not sure if I like the Sport or EX(-L) trim more. This summer when I have a bit more free time I will likely do some more research and possibly sell my '12 Si coupe for an Accord sedan.

My father in law has a 2015 Accord Sport and after driving it around it was certainly more refined than my civic (well...duh). I think I'm getting to the point in my life where a comfortable cruiser with enough pep and room for a potential family is more important than a sporty two-door, especially since I don't drive very aggressively. My commute is about 16 miles each way on backroads and the accord appears to get similar mpgs as well. I suppose my wife will be happy too since she gets carsick in my car relatively easily with the stiffer suspension and higher noise levels.

The best part about this potential changeover of cars is that I really won't have to pay a whole lot out of pocket. My '12 Si has about 43k miles on the clock and I see a lot of dealerships around me advertising them for $14-15k (KBB has my car and condition rated for about $13.5k-14k on a private sale). A used '13 accord with similar mileage is right around that same price range.

I've read through this thread in its entirety the other day, but if any current or ex- 9th gen accord owners want to chime in I would appreciate any advice.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I love my 16 Accord Sport.

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
I love my 16 Accord Sport.
If you love it so much why don't you marry it? I also love my 2015 Accord Sport, but marrying vehicles in my state is illegal. I chose the Sport over the other trim levels because it didn't have what I didn't want: lane watch, blind spot camera, sunroof (I've had a few vehicles with them and never use them and would rather have the headroom) and some other things I can't remember. Compare both trim levels on Honda's website and that should help you make a decision TRC.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Oh huh I luuuuuuuuuvvvve it but Mrs GM won't let me have s girlfriend.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,343 Posts
I am amazed how I can hustle my SO's '14 EX around. Great car.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
The 16 sport is considered a HFP BTW.

Attachments

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,343 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,343 Posts
Nice. I'd have to go with an MT if it's still available.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm really digging the 16 Sport rims. I've a seen a white and red one in my town, that sure look nice. Looks to me that the rear tail lights are smoked from the factory. Am I correct?

61 - 80 of 90 Posts