9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 EX Sedan Dual Horn

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows how and could provide a DIY on how to splice a second horn on to the non-si civics? The Si have a high and low tone. High tone is by the radiator and the low tone is behind the bumper near the intake resonator. Non-si civics only have the single tone horn by the radiator. I had bought an upgrade kit for my car and replaced my one horn. But I really want to know to splice and install a second horn in the same general area as the Si. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bump- Want this write up too please!

·
Registered
545 Posts
It's as easy as you think.

Here is the electrical diagram. It is literally just spliced into the other horn wire.

Horns.jpg

Here is the location diagram. You can see where the harness has been run:

Horns.jpg

I would just run a single wire inside a separate piece of split loom along the outside of the existing harness and tap into it at the existing horn.

The FSM calls for removing the bumper to access the lower horn but that would depend on how skinny your arms are.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would like to upgrade the horn on my 2013 LX and just have a question about it. All I want to do is add a second horn so that I have a high tone and a low tone horn. Could I just splice into the wires of the current horn to power the second horn, or would that cause voltage/amperage/impedance issues? And if I could do it that way, would I need to wire it in series or in parallel? Also, is my current horn considered a high tone or a low tone? Thanks.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,485 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Could someone please clarify this for me...so I just need to tap into the positive wire for the existing horn? Would I then just ground the negative for the second horn, or does it need to be connected to the negative wire of the existing horn? Also can anyone confirm that this won't blow the fuse since I would assume it is designed for one horn and not two?

·
Registered
61 Posts
At this point I just want to know if I could hook up two horns, for example two FIAMM freeway blasters, without blowing the fuse. Or even just one freeway blaster combined with my stock horn?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts