9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there an engine temperature gauge anywhere to be seen? Going without it would be a big step back (to the 1950's), IMHO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nope, no temp gauge, just an indicator light for H or C coolant temperature.
I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to add a gauge to monitor coolant temps if one really wanted it. I'd probably add one.:wigglesmiley:

@ mobiusrain: Excellent wright up! Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
No triditional temp gauge?

I just purchasws a new Si sedan last night and noticed that there is no triditional temp gauge in it. All I see is a gas gauge. I was looking though the manual and all it really states is a high temp warning light. Is there a hidden gauge some where I can see by pushing a button?

·
Registered
976 Posts
No, there is no traditional temp gauge. Don`t know why they would remove it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
No, there is no traditional temp gauge. Don`t know why they would remove it.
I can agree with that. its a slight inconvience to me because those are things I like to monitor(in general and when I start the car up in the mornings) I want to make sure the car is at operating temps before I leave.

Seems there is a "low temp" light. I will read more on it

·
Registered
139 Posts
Blue light shows its cold and red which i hope will never show means hot. It is stupid how they removed it because technically you wouldnt know if your car was heating up until it is too late and the light is on. SO dumb

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree that you won't know until it is too late. I bought a bully dog watch dog. It allows me to display four gauges at a time. Temp and voltage being most important to me

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
June 2012 K24Z7 ROTM Winner
198 Posts
i dont miss mines much...besides newer cars are coming out with that feature where you have a blue light for cold and red when it starts to overheat...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Blue light shows its cold and red which i hope will never show means hot. It is stupid how they removed it because technically you wouldnt know if your car was heating up until it is too late and the light is on. SO dumb
I would much rather have a real gage as well. Living in AZ the summers get outrageously hot and I've always liked to keep an eye on the engine temp. The only good thing I read is that the red "hot light" flashes as the vehicle gets close to being too hot.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hopefully someone can do a DIY on installing a traditional temp gauge that looks nice. (I am not a big fan of the pod mounted gauges)

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I am stupidly putting my trust in the modern version of the old "idiot light". Does not make me feel very confident at all.

I am expecting it to flash if it is getting hotter than normal operating temp and glow bright and strong if it is dangerously hot. If it is anything like the new digital warnings on Arctic Cat sleds I will be turning that car off at first sign of a flashing temp light.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
looks good...

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
:moved:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looks good. Do you have details and/or pics about the installation?

1 - 20 of 158 Posts