9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been trying to find answers all over google. I just can't seem to find the answers I need. So I wanted to see if anyone here has got some of these answers.
(aside from looks)

1) How durable is Plasti-Dipping? (assuming that I do 5-6 coats)
a) Like if it rains, storms, hails, ect. will the plastic rip off?
b) If I wash my car will it peel off?
2) Does it fade?

That's all I really need to know. I've seen some people Plasti-dipping their front 12' civic grille sedans. Just want to know how reliable is it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm I guess as long as it can handle hand washing type circumstances, I think it could handle rain, hail, ect. Thanks man.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
You don't need that many coats for most applications. 3 coats should be fine for most, unless doing wheels then go for a couple more coats for durability. I have plasti dip on my car that is over a year old and it looks great still. If you notice fading, which mine has not, jut peel it and reapply it is easy to do.

·
Registered
182 Posts
does not work well in the cold, flys away in wind. applied 10 coats to grill and it turned out really smooth though

·
Registered
288 Posts
have had mine on all vehicles for a long time. stuff is amazing......specially for 20 bucks for all four wheels. most people spend money on wheels i rather dip em. looks clean and if i somehow scartch em i just dip right over it and it blens in. also i have taking it through many car washes the key is to make sure that the dip does stop at the lip but rather flow over it.......how can i explain that: where you see the edge of you rim make sure its dipped so it wont allow air/water into the dip. also i have done 8 coats why not lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts